It Must Be Summer...Somewhere!!! | Golden Skate

It Must Be Summer...Somewhere!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
It sure is not summer here on the good ol' west soggy coast of B.C. We had everything on the weekend, it even hailed in some regions and further up on the Coquihalla highway it snowed!!!! It seemed cold enough today for a winter jacket. It's crazy. The stores are selling shorts, bathing suits and tanning oil and at the same time the umbrellas and rain gear are flying off the shelves.

Oh, I wish it would warm up!!!!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry to hear that, Lad. In Philly we're getting back into the 90's today and tomorrow - hot and humid:eek:hwell: after a gorgeous, comfortably warm weekend. Hope summer comes back to B.C.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Hey Lad!

Move to the South East!! We are experiencing that wonderful hot & humid thing that makes me sooo very happy!! It more than makes up for the panic that sets in here in Richmond when 1/4 inch of snow is predicted and everyone rushes to the grocery store to buy milk, water & eggs... (granted, it is the funniest thing I've ever seen... :laugh:)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Although we've had tornadoes, etc., it has been so good to not have temperatures in the 100's yet. We had way too much rain for a while and it hadn't rained for about a week, it is raining now but not all the floods, etc. a lot of others have had. Actually, today I am liking the rain, means I don't have to water nearly as many plants, etc. and the grass seed I have been throwing here & there. It has been humid and warm, 80's and 90's. Hopefully, you will soon have the weather you wish for.
Right now any weather that doesn't have blizzards, tornadoes and floods seems good to me.

heyang

Record Breaker
It'll be in the 90's and humid until Friday here in Central NJ. I hate humid weather - makes my allergies go beserk.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
The weather in Toronto has been pretty odd this year. We have either been way above normal or way below normal. It is supposed to be about 80 F this time of year and today it was 93 plus humidity. At the end of last week it was barely 70, and that is what they are forecasting for the upcoming long weekend. We have barely seen any rain the entire month either. In fact most days have been perfectly cloud free. I would love a nice "average" summer but I probably shouldn't be complaining considering what Lad is going through!

Kasey

Medalist
Those of us in the vicinity of Lake Tahoe are wishing it WASN'T summer here, since "summer" generally means 90+ degree weather and no rain.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Although we've had tornadoes, etc., it has been so good to not have temperatures in the 100's yet. We had way too much rain for a while and it hadn't rained for about a week, it is raining now but not all the floods, etc. a lot of others have had. Actually, today I am liking the rain, means I don't have to water nearly as many plants, etc. and the grass seed I have been throwing here & there. It has been humid and warm, 80's and 90's. Hopefully, you will soon have the weather you wish for.
Right now any weather that doesn't have blizzards, tornadoes and floods seems good to me.

We had huge flooding here in the lower mainland and up in the north country as well. Some of the smaller towns were completely cut off. It sure will be nice to see the sun return as we don't see it much here. Our plants and trees are all thriving as ever, but we are tired of being soggy!!!

Thanks

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
We have had 3 1/3 inches since it started. Lots of flooding. Understand TX is really bad. They just added a couple of more days to our rains. Sopping wet. Probably will have to take my plants in pots and baskets, etc. in under the patio they are so wet. And that makes them heavier!!!:scowl::frown::eek:hwell::disapp:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
The sun really shined for a little while today. What a mess. Had barely under 8 inches so far!!! Still some tomorrow. But it is tapering off. Suppose to quit Weds. I HOPE, I HOPE.
:frown::frown2::cry::scowl:

In NYC, where one can go through 4 seasons in any given week, we have been alternating between tropical heat, early autumn, late winter, early spring, and an occasional summer day. There is also those electrical summer storms usually during the evenings. One is not worried about getting hit with lightning. One worries about Con Edison (electric/gas company).

Joe

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It's gearing up in NW Montana for a very hot summer. It's already been in the 90's a few times & is supposed to be close to 100 degrees by this Saturday. Gotta get my air conditioner up & running!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
It's turning hot here in the San Joaquin Valley.......suppose to be 107 degrees by the 4th of July, and 110 on Thursday.......hello summer and high power bills....42