There are debatables and non-debatables
Following Zuranthium's mention that "Moderators are around to delete things that are racist, grossly offensive, etc..." , I propose:
1. that the posts (not posters) or lines that offend the GS guideline are immmediately removed (not deleted) from the viewers to a hidden cache;
2. that the reasons of the removals are so notified within the thread of that post;
3. that the disccussable lines to be left in that thread for what it's worth;
4. that the quotes of the above posts or lines also removed and so notified;
5. that the threads in the archives are revised if possible and to be done the same; (It is not enough to simply lock a thread such as "Korean conspiracy..", because it can still be read and thus offends all viewers from Korea or Japan as well as from other countries.)
Last edited by sorcerer; 06-26-2007 at 01:46 AM.
Yes. We should promote censorship. The 21st Century is crap, let's go back to those nice close-minded ideals of the 1950's.
Keepin' it real
Z, we are getting a bit tired of your incessant whining about how we run the forum. What you call censorship is what we call moderating - whether you agree or not is irrelevant.
There are other forums out their that allow racist comments, persistent bashing of skaters, etc. This isn't one of them.
LMAO? I am not the one that started this topic. I'm just adding my input. I love how you insinuate that I think racist comments are welcome too. :sheesh:
Keepin' it real
Z - the racist and negative comments are what we are mainly dealing with now. I didn't mean that you were the poster of the "racist" comments - sorry about that.
While you didn't start the topic, you have a sarcastic and mean tone pertaining to how we run the forum (i.e. "close-minded" ways of the 50s). We don't expect sugary comments about skaters.
But we also don't expect outright bashing about a skater's character - especially when one just gets his/her info from friends and/or other sources. I mean - that's so highschool. Immature and really irrelevant.