The Kween is jumping again!!! | Golden Skate

The Kween is jumping again!!!

"I love competition. I don't know how to explain it. It's very strange. You would think it would have been out of my system already,'' she said. "I'll always consider it fun.''

To me, that's all that ever needs to be said about what Michelle might or might not be able to accomplish if she comes back.

Wrlmy

Medalist
She's already accomplished what no other skater's ever had. I hope she comes back and have fun. Regardless of result, she will definitely show young girls how it's done!

R.D.

Record Breaker
To me, this article is more about her off-ice adventures than possibly "jumping [on the ice, I presume] again" :yes:

I get the feeling she's just doing lots of different things and telling her story, unsure of what she wants to do herself. She's mentioning coming back as a possibility but I seriously doubt that, with everything that she is doing now, she could possibly be serious about it. Fans should not get their hopes up of seeing her compete again.

I don't see any mention of her possibly doing any shows, though. I think she would be a huge asset to one of these pro shows. Glad she's enjoying life, though.

Last edited:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
I think she's over the Gold medal but she does really seem to want to compete again. I also highly doubt it will happen but it's such a nice thought.

~Z

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
This is likely a huge deal to her as well, maybe even a "happier" thing for her than any of us. Great news, but I bet nothing compares to her feeling when she landed one or 2 without pain. That is a smile I would love to see.:love:

* sung to "Bali High" *

C O I
is calling
COI
we're fawning
C O I
It loves you
C O I
is our dream true?
:laugh:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
What music was she planning to use for her Long Program at the Olympics, btw? Did we ever find out?

~Z

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think she's over the Gold medal but she does really seem to want to compete again. I also highly doubt it will happen but it's such a nice thought.

:laugh: it definitely is, isn't it?

Imagine: Her, and Cohen, and Slutskaya suddenly coming back- in top shape- to take on the new generation of Asada, Kim, Zhang, Meissner...damn, who wouldn't pay to watch that :yes:

heyang

Record Breaker
I think if it's possible that she might want to come back just for a 'proper' farewell. She didn't go to Nationals that year and she's queen there and she's got those Oly programs that the general public hasn't seen. Not counting on a medal, but just one last hurrah!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Not counting on a medal, but just one last hurrah!

I know that would be a great experience for her fans. Even if she's a longshot for a medal, just to see her on the ice, competing one last time.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
That would be lovely.

Even better would be if her hip is now stronger than it has been her entire life (perhaps she had some kind of plastic surgery to help keep it in place?) and she's now able to fire off some 3/3 combinations and come back and win her 10th Nationals. :laugh:

~Z

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
That would be lovely.

Even better would be if her hip is now stronger than it has been her entire life (perhaps she had some kind of plastic surgery to help keep it in place?) and she's now able to fire off some 3/3 combinations and come back and win her 10th Nationals. :laugh:

~Z
:rofl: No doubt! Who knows - Rudy said that his hips felt stronger after his return from the surgery. ???

Wouldn't that be realy awesome?

The speculation that they "enhanced " her hips - "the billion dollar Kwan" :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
LMAO! Do you remember the slow-motion sounds that the Bionic Woman made in the old TV show?

Imagine Kwan doing a Triple Lutz/Triple Toe in slow-mo with those sound effects.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

~Z

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Imagine: Her, and Cohen, and Slutskaya suddenly coming back- in top shape- to take on the new generation of Asada, Kim, Zhang, Meissner...damn, who wouldn't pay to watch that :yes:

I have 5 words for you: BOITANO, PETRENKO, BROWNING '94 OLYMPICS

dutchherder

Final Flight
Ah, but what about when Elaine (sp?) Zayak came back ten years later to compete at Nats? She was great, and had standing O's all around!