logging in | Golden Skate

logging in

R.D.

Record Breaker
all of a sudden, I'm having trouble staying logged in at this site. What's going on? :confused: Every time I go to another site and then come back, I have to log in again...this isn't happening for any of the other boards.

Hmm. Don't know.

Do you have "remember me" checked at the right of the login box?

Is anyone else having this problem?

Sometimes when I go directly from a link in GS to You Tube or to a web site that is "busy" with complicated graphics, etc., when I try to go back to GS it kills the whole window and I have to open my browser again and type in the url for GS again (or click from My favorites, LOL.).

However, I am still logged in.

I always figured this was just one of those mysterious computer things, maybe trying to do too many things at the same time, maybe a slight incompatibility between the vBulletin software and the other site.

Anyone else having difficulties?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
very odd...

could it be your computer's cookies need to refresh? (I know that means you lose all of your 'remember mes' on different websites, but it could help your problem. It does mine.

R.D.

Record Breaker
tried wiping out the cookies and restarting. Same problem. And it's not happening to me on any other board but this one. :confused:

I guess a temporary workaround would be, since I use Firefox, keeping one tab always logged onto GS while browsing other sites in different tabs seems to work. But when I close that tab and try to reopen GS, or when I go to another site and then come back to GS in the same tab, it asks me to log on again. :banging:

Last edited:

Blue Bead

Medalist
I've been experiencing the same problem that Red Dog has. This has been happening for the past two days. Before that I could leave this board, visit other sites and come back here, and still be logged in. Now, when I leave and come back I need to log in all over again. It's annoying to say the least, LOL. This is the only place where the staying logged-in problem exists. I use IE as a browser and the "remember me" button is checked. Something's screwy somewhere, lol.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Now I'm having problems with every site. But now I've discovered the issue...I use Firefox 2 (version 2.0.0.4) and apparently after doing some research on Google there is a cookie issue with that particular version on some folks' computers...even though I click "remember me", and allow cookies, etc. I still have to log in every time I a) close the browser and b) go to another site, then return here. It's really annoying, and I HATE to have to go back to IE, but if Mozilla don't fix this problem and release a new version soon I may have no choice...this is getting OLD :banging: FAST :mad:

NO ONE else is having this problem????

Red Dog, this is OT, but can you tell me what features of Firefox you like better than I.E.? Can Firefox be downloaded for free?

R.D.

Record Breaker
umm...everything :laugh:

Increased security; cool themes; better stability*; in the event of a crash, it remembers exactly which site(s) you were on and pulls it back up for you upon restart; functionality can be increased beyond the browser's basic features with optional extensions; this is the browser that INVENTED tabbed browsing (along with Netscape) so all links open in new tabs**; more.

Yes, it's free and the latest version can be downloaded at http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ .

* Some Vista users are complaining about browser crashing when opening Java windows, and blank pages, etc. However, I don't seem to have any of these issues. I do have the "login" issue, though, and since a good amount of my internet time is spent browsing forums, it gets very annoying to have to log in every time. It is partially alleviated by the fact that it stores my login/password info, but it's still annoying to have to click " log in" every time. :banging:

** this is the default setting; can be altered through the "options" menu.

In fact, take away the login issue and there's absolutely no reason to use IE. HOWEVER, some sites still perform best with IE so I still use it to display those pages. Firefox (FF) does have an addon that allows you to use the IE engine in FF, but it's of limited functionality.

Probably more than you wanted, but oh well, whatever.

R.D.

Record Breaker
OK, Netscape just came out with 9.0 beta, and I'm now using that. It's somehow closely related to Firefox 2 so I can move all my bookmarks and extensions over and use that for now until the problem is fixed. I'm not having the login issue - yet- with this new Netscape version. I intend to switch back to FF once the problem is fixed, though (a new version is released).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
good to hear you've -hopefully- figured out what was going on and found a -temporary- solution! :)

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I've had the same problems as Red Dog.......it's ongoing for me. On the days I have to relog on to GS, I also have trouble with my Yahoo e-mail account and a few other websites I frequent. Maybe it's solar flares...........:biggrin:42