New Plushy Interview | Golden Skate

New Plushy Interview

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Plushenko: You know, I have everything: money, medals, work. But I think I would like to still try and accomplish more, and I think I can do it. I want to skate and I want to see how powerful I am. If I win, that’s going to be awesome. If I lose, I have next season and the one after that before the major important event, the 2010 Olympic Games. I would like to be the two-time Olympic champion. Besides, who else has a silver and gold medal? Even if I only win bronze then I have the complete set.

And that's why I love Plushy...

It reads more like him than Piseev. Good, I'm glad he is happy about returning after a two year's absence. We'll see him at CoR in December, I presume/

Joe

Last edited:

Zanzibar

Final Flight
What's up with the hair-do? Kinda girl-y, isn't it? :biggrin:

'Ya know...I asked him, "Are you SURE you want to keep that thing in your hair?" at least twice...and he said yes. In fact, a very confident yes.

Anyway - take a look at the first photo at the very top - and you'll see some of the cuts and scratches from his encounter with the coral - they were all over both of his arms and hands, and were quite red and inflamed the first day I saw him. By the next evening when we took the photos they were healing somewhat, but you could tell it must have really hurt.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks Kathleen for the article. I thinking I like his hair pulled back like that.......I'm just thinking though. :biggrin:

Dee

gio

Medalist
What's up with the hair-do? Kinda girl-y, isn't it? Trying to pull a Johnny? :biggrin:

I think it's the last fashion hair-do! I've seen a lot of boys with such a hair-do! IMO he is OK with it! :)

Thanks Kathleen!!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i have never seen this hair before and it look pretty terrible. GET RID OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
IFS: You were in the audience last year at the Grand Prix Series Cup of Russia when Brian Joubert landed three quads in his free skate.

Plushenko: I was there.

IFS: And you congratulated him after.

Plushenko: Of course.

IFS: And you joked that you chose, “A good year to not compete?"

Plushenko: That’s b.s. I never said that. I watched the competition and he made three quadruple jumps, and also a triple Axel. But he did not beat me by his scores (laughing) so why would I say that?

:rofl:

He's a very strong individual. I like that.

~Z

oleada

Record Breaker
IFS: What is your relationship with Tatmianina and Marininin at this point?

Plushenko: I don’t care about them. But, I think that Maxim, as the man in that partnership, should be strong enough to say something and work together as a team. She’s the one making the decisions, all the time.

What a bunch of machismo. Yuck. :disagree:

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Yes, I thought that at first too. But, he says Maxim should take MORE control over the situation, not all of it ("it should be a partnership"). He's really just calling Tatmianina a controlling b****. Which is accurate.

~Z

jennylovskt

Medalist
IFS: What is your relationship with Tatmianina and Marininin at this point?

Plushenko: I don’t care about them. But, I think that Maxim, as the man in that partnership, should be strong enough to say something and work together as a team. She’s the one making the decisions, all the time.

I have already gotten bad impression for this pair, especially for Tatmianina, at 2006 Olympics interview after Zhang/Zhang disaster fall in the LP.

It's great to read Plushenko's interview. Thanks, Kathleen! So excited to see him come back. I think we will see more artistic, and yet still powerful programs from him this season.

His hair-do is so so ugly!!!!!!!! Please get rid of the headband!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

skateskate

Rinkside
Yes, I thought that at first too. But, he says Maxim should take MORE control over the situation, not all of it ("it should be a partnership"). He's really just calling Tatmianina a controlling b****. Which is accurate.

~Z

Being based on what I have seen around me, I can say, in Russia usually it's woman who should make the decisions. That's a REALITY!!

calica

Final Flight
I would prefer not reading Plushy's interviews, only I him want to see to skate. Whenever I read his interviews I feel disappointed.
He is so modest and has so many class. :rolleye::rolleye::rolleye::rolleye:
I hope that it returns in the full forms. Thus the competition will be more entertaining. And that wins the best one

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I can picture Zhenya having a problem with controlling b*****s, after everything he's been through and being able to see his son again, at last. Doesn't mean his perceptions are accurate.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I agree. What he is saying is that Maxim should be able to stand up for himself and defend his interests as opposed to just going along with Tatiana's decisions.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker

~Z

can picture Zhenya having a problem with controlling b*****s, after everything he's been through and being able to see his son again, at last. Doesn't mean his perceptions are accurate.

:banging: I'm no fan of the Tat, but cannot help but wonder why its ok to assert that a strong, assertive woman who takes charge is a controlling *****... why so nasty? What does this say to our daughters and about ourselves...

C'mon people - let it go... its 2007

Last edited:

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
I didn't call Totmianina names. Zuranthium did. And I don't have a problem with "strong, assertive women", Plushy does.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:banging: I'm no fan of the Tat, but cannot help but wonder why its ok to assert that a strong, assertive woman who takes charge is a controlling *****... why so nasty? What does this say to our daughters and about ourselves...
I agree, I don't think one has to do with the other. You could get a less strong woman or man who is controlling and manipulative. When I think of a strong woman, I think of someone who is very independent. Maybe Max looks to Tatianna to make the decisions, who knows for sure.

Dee