Senior B international assignments | Golden Skate

Senior B international assignments

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Initial Senior B international assignments for the USA skaters were published yesterday: http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=216

Nepela: Michelle Boulos [S-9], Nicholas LaRoche [S-11]
Nebelhorn: Danielle Kahle [S-6], Shaun Rogers [S-8], Braden Overett [S-10], Castile/Okolski [S-1], Dance TBD
Finlandia: Katy Taylor [S-8], Parker Pennington [S-7], Pairs TBD

U.S. Dance assignments (Sr. B, remaining JGPs) will come out of the Lake Placid IDC (Aug. 1-4) and additional pairs assignments could be made from the Indy Challenge (Aug. 9-11). Golden Spin of Zagreb is the 4th Sr. B on USFS' schedule, but I've heard that it may be for dance only -- we shall see.

feraina

Record Breaker
Glad to see Kahle and Taylor both got something.

Do they both have to re-qualify for National's this year, by the way?

dlarry1

Rinkside
Initial Senior B international assignments for the USA skaters were published yesterday:

Nebelhorn: Castile/Okolski [S-1]

Is it normal for the national champs to be sent to a "B" event? Or was this somehow their choice?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I believe it was C/O's choice to do a warm-up event before their Sr. GPs.

As of now, Kahle and Taylor have to compete at their respective Sectionals in November in order to qualify for 2008 Nationals. Their Sr. B assignments give them a bye through their Regionals in October. The top 5 senior finishers from Nationals in all disciplines receive automatic byes to the next year's Nationals.

feraina

Record Breaker
It's interesting that in other disciplines, USFSA gave senior B spots to skaters who didn't get any other int'l assignments, but in pairs they gave one to Castille/Okolski. When I first saw that, I was a bit worried and wondered whether they could've been left out of the GP series!

The "B" List is looking good. Glad to see Overett is still around. I would call him a 'skater's skater'. Excellent line, musical, interpreter, technical, all those things but he doesn't seem to click as a competitor. Maybe this year.

BTW - What do those S numbers mean?

Joe

JGPs

With the exception of Lake Placid, why are all the JGPs in Europe and most in Central and Eastern Europe. I'm not trying to be political. Just wondering and speculating that those cities requested and others didn't.

Joe

acraven

Rinkside
The "S" notations are their placements at last year's Nationals, as provided by Sylvia.

Ann Craven

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
So far only 2 Americans are assigned to the Finlandia; Katy and Parker. The pairs team is TBA.

I'm sure Katy will kick butt.