Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hackensack Events

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    * Two by Adam Rippon! a Child of Weir in fashion as well as skating style. (This lovely mop-headed young man is ignoring the memos from Evan/USFSA; we're talking sequins, blue velvet, AND plunging necklines.) Gorgeous spins. If he keeps this up I'll have to add him to my signature. "Toccata & Fugue" & "Because We Believe."
    I'm happy to hear (Joesitz will be, too ) that Adam Rippon performed in this show -- he switched coaches and rinks to Morozov earlier this year (his former coach was Russian as well). "Toccata and Fugue" (J.S. Bach) is his new short program and I think "Because We Believe" was the Andrea Bocelli exhibition program he skated so well in the Will Sears Memorial Fund show after the Mid-Atlantics club comp. in NYC last September (he received huge applause afterwards from the audience there who didn't know who he was before he performed). Rippon will be on the JGP this year (Romania) after not competing internationally last season.

Alexander (Sasha) Abt is a great performer to see live, and I believe he's now coaching in Hackensack.

Thanks for the detailed report, Spun Silver, and glad you had such a great time.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-08-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Thanks for the review, wish I would have gone!

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Adam Rippon! a Child of Weir in fashion as well as skating style.
    good-looking? check
    born in Pennsylvania? check
    a member of the SC of New York? check
    loves sequins? check
    anti-Evan? check

and trained by Morozov

Hmmmmmm........

http://www.usfigureskating.org/AthleteBio.asp?id=38829
    Last edited by Hsuhs; 07-08-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    And finally, get ready...:

*Two by Alexander Abt! I was flabbergasted to see his name in the program. I didn't know he ever performed in the USA and since I didn't recall reading anything recent about him on GS wasn't sure what to expect.
    Sasha bought his first home last summer, not too far from the rink in New Jersey, after spending a year in Massachusetts. He can be found at the rink on a regular basis when not touring. Sasha usually doesn't perform in the US, although he did once in Canada two years ago. Sadly with letter writing campaigns to both COI and SOI, and even Disson, he has never gotten offers over here (except for the occasional small venue single-night small performance or charity event) which is a true shame considering his major talent - and audience appeal.
    Last edited by Zanzibar; 07-08-2007 at 09:24 PM.

* Two by Adam Rippon! a Child of Weir in fashion as well as skating style. (This lovely mop-headed young man is ignoring the memos from Evan/USFSA; we're talking sequins, blue velvet, AND plunging necklines.) Gorgeous spins. If he keeps this up I'll have to add him to my signature. "Toccata & Fugue" & "Because We Believe."
    Thanks SpunSilver. He's been on my future champion list since last year when I saw him at the MidAtlantics. I called him a Johnny clone. He did well in Jr. Nats but he wasn't at his best.

Sylvia - Has he moved up to Seniors or shall I expect him to win this year's Jrs?
    I believe he will be in Jr. GP this year.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Sylvia - Has he moved up to Seniors or shall I expect him to win this year's Jrs?
    I believe he will be in Jr. GP this year.
    Adam Rippon (6th in Junior at 2007 U.S. Nationals) is scheduled to compete in the 2nd of the 8 JGP (Sept. 6-9 in Romania) -- he competed in his first JGP 2 years ago.

Rippon's Reserve team bio says he "Will compete as a senior nationally and as a junior internationally" (which means he would have to qualify out of North Atlantic Regionals and Eastern Sectionals).

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    Sasha usually doesn't perform in the US, although he did once in Canada two years ago. Sadly with even letter writing campaigns to both COI and SOI, and even Disson, he has never gotten offers over here (except for the occasional small venue single-night small performance or charity event) which is a true shame considering his major talent - and audience appeal.
    That just seems wrong. The world is out of joint. I am very glad I got to see him.

Custom Title
    Sounds like an awesome show - thanks for the report!!!

nefertiti..reincarnate

mikittyfan's blog

Here in Japan, the outcome of the Hackensack show has brought sheer joy to the devoted fans of Miki.

You can see one beautiful example of such:
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mikittyfan

Yes, it's the blog written by THE mikittyfan who posts here in GoldenSkate!
    Marvelous collection of Miki's jpegs! (Started this April.)

It's a pity that I can't introduce to you (for now) mikittyfan's essays in his/her exceptionally poetic and noble Japanese language! ...Much different in style compared to his/her cute posts here.

I'll also post the above URL to the Announcements area under mikittyfan's approval.
    Last edited by sorcerer; 07-10-2007 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks for the review. How lucky for you to see Abt. If I attended I would have swooned with you SpunSilver and the other 200 women. I would love to see him perform live.

Here are lots of really beautiful pics from this show:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Alexandr...ikiAndoFriends

arty

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sorcerer View Post
    Here in Japan, the outcome of the Hackensack show has brought sheer joy to the devoted fans of Miki.

You can see one beautiful example of such:
    http://blog.goo.ne.jp/mikittyfan

Yes, it's the blog written by THE mikittyfan who posts here in GoldenSkate!
    Marvelous collection of Miki's jpegs! (Started this April.)

It's a pity that I can't introduce to you (for now) mikittyfan's essays in his/her exceptionally poetic and noble Japanese language! ...Much different in style compared to his/her cute posts here.

I'll also post the above URL to the Announcements area under mikittyfan's approval.

Thanks for the page, but unfortunately I can't read Japanese ;-( Where are our Japanese-English translators? We pay 100USD/hour for translation work.. (I wish!!!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2