Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Favorite Grand Prix dark horse?

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    Is Angela coming back to competition? Is she doing the GP???
    I think the poster was making a comparison between his fandom in the past hoping Angela did all her jumps with his fandom now of hoping Bebe does all her jumps. Please correct me if I'm wrong though!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    no way is Plushenko a dark horse. He is a favorite for the gold... even after his year off. he was always overmarked and i expect the same thing again.

Custom Title
    Wagner, definitely. I like her style.

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    I would say Wagner as well. I feel she'll be much more mature this year and hopefully with get a 3-3 down.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    Plushenko for CoR.

Joe
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ISU change the rules a year or so ago so that you cannot make the GPF by skating in only 1 GP compeition?

Andy W.

Go NJ Devils
    Quote Originally Posted by ATW27 View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the ISU change the rules a year or so ago so that you cannot make the GPF by skating in only 1 GP compeition?

Andy W.
    No, it's still based on the number of points, but if there's a tie, the skater who skated more than one event wins the tiebreak, even if the skater who skated one event had a higher placement in that one event than the skater who skated two (or three, for pairs).

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyfan228 View Post
    No, it's still based on the number of points, but if there's a tie, the skater who skated more than one event wins the tiebreak, even if the skater who skated one event had a higher placement in that one event than the skater who skated two (or three, for pairs).
    ? Are you sure? Unless there was a very recent change, the "two events is better than one" is only the third tie-breaker." The first tie-breaker is "highest placement in an individual event" and the second is total CoP points.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/...-0-file,00.pdf (page 6ff)

So if skater A got a third (11 points) and a seventh (4 points), and skater B got a first (15 points) and only did one event, Skater B would win on the first tie-breaker.

I have wondered if this is really the intent, because if so, then the only way the third tie-beaker would come into play is if Skater A got, say, a first and a last (15+0) and skater B got a 15 (one event)...AND the total CoP points of skater A's two events exactly matched the CoP points, down to the second decimal place, of Skater B's one event. (This would never happen in the real world, LOL.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2