3. Zhang/Zhang
    4. Dube/Davison
    5. Kawaguchi/Smirnov
    6. Inoue/Baldwin
    7. Volosozhar/Morozov
    8. Mukhortova/Trankov
    9. Langlois/Hay
    10. Castile/Okolski

Hmm. I don't see much to find fault with.

But I'll say Preabert will overtake Weir, Kostner will make the podium, S&S will give the Chinese pairs a challenge for gold and Virtue and Moir will stay ahead of Davis and White and maybe beat Belbin and Agosto.

Down With It
    very gutsy of you, eh?

I hope Meissner can make the podium again and prove her 06 world win wasn't a fluke or a "freak event". Also, I'd rather Kostner medal than Ando. If a member of the Asian Armada MUST win, I'd rather YuNa over anyone else.
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-01-2007 at 10:23 PM.

Where is pluchenko?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kandidy View Post
    Where is pluchenko?
    I am wondering the samething.

Plushenko will be in top two, gold or silver. Lambiel, Joubert, and Takahashi, only one of them could beat him in the same competition.
    Last edited by jennylovskt; 07-02-2007 at 10:48 AM.

Banned
    I honestly dont expect Plushenko to return. If he does I would not be surprised if he aborts his comeback.

Custom Title
    Kimmie may not win, but I don't think she will take another 4th place.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    Kimmie may not win, but I don't think she will take another 4th place.
    I dunno. Considering she only slipped up once during the worlds, she really didn't do badly at all. She is (was??) just not in the league that the medalists were in.

It may be time to get someone else ready to lead the US.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Hmm. I don't see much to find fault with.

But I'll say Preabert will overtake Weir, Kostner will make the podium, S&S will give the Chinese pairs a challenge for gold and Virtue and Moir will stay ahead of Davis and White and maybe beat Belbin and Agosto.
    It is interesting you think Weir will place even lower then I predicted, when I did not predict a particularly strong result for him. I guess that means we are in agreement that the Zmievskaya experiment is not going to be enough to turn his career around in a truly meaningful way. Preabert is one of those intriguing second tier skaters who are showing improvement, and will be interesting to see how high they can climb next year perhaps.

It will of course be intersting to see if Kostner or Meissner can break up the Asian sweep.

The pairs is really a pick em among the current top 3. None goes into next season with a solid edge on the other 2 which makes it exciting, and makes next season a big one for each to try and establish themselves as the leaders, with all 3 having a very real opportunity to do that. Going in the Germans are probably the most complete and best packaged of the 3 when they are all performing very well, but they are also maybe the most unpredictable and unreliable of the 3.

Custom Title
    How much this coach changing means to Weir's career is remaining to be seen. I certainly hope that it will bring some highly noticeable difference, which means the attitude change towards the training and competition. I believe that if Weir works as hard as Lysacek, not harder, he will be definitely better than Lysacek, and pass Oda as well. Which could bring him back into the top 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    It may be time to get someone else ready to lead the US.
    Easier said than done.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    How much this coach changing means to Weir's career is remaining to be seen. I certainly hope that it will bring some highly noticeable difference, which means the attitude change towards the training and competition. I believe that if Weir works as hard as Lysacek, not harder, he will be definitely better than Lysacek, and pass Oda as well. Which could bring him back into the top 6.
    Scott Davis went to Zmievskaya and it didnt work that well for him. His slow decline just continued to retirement. Of course that doesnt mean it wont work for Johnny who is a completely different person then Scott. Hopefully it does work in a positive way. He has very tough GP assignments with Lambiel and Lysacek at the first; then Lambiel and possibly Plushenko at the second. It will be important for him to be very sharp early in the season to gain momentum. Some skaters can cruise through the GP season, and it really isnt that important in the grand scheme of things, but I think for him it is important to gain some positive momentum as early in the season as possible given his gradual decline in rank and stature over the last year or two.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Easier said than done.
    True.

Moving up the testing structure Kypma's Avatar
    I'd place Buttle highes than 10th... maybe over Préaubert and Abbott. Last season he was slowed down by his stress fracture, but I believe he will be back inside the top eight, if not top five. I don't think he can get much higher without the quad, though...
    I also like how you placed Dubé&Davison in 4th place , but I do think that Virtue&Moir will stay ahead of Davis&White, based on previous results from the last couple of years.

Kypma

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    Scott Davis went to Zmievskaya and it didnt work that well for him. His slow decline just continued to retirement. Of course that doesnt mean it wont work for Johnny who is a completely different person then Scott. Hopefully it does work in a positive way. He has very tough GP assignments with Lambiel and Lysacek at the first; then Lambiel and possibly Plushenko at the second. It will be important for him to be very sharp early in the season to gain momentum. Some skaters can cruise through the GP season, and it really isnt that important in the grand scheme of things, but I think for him it is important to gain some positive momentum as early in the season as possible given his gradual decline in rank and stature over the last year or two.
    True. If Johnny could beat Evan nationally and internationally this coming season, it will be his great victory. There is no need to compare him with others at this point, JMO.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast