Viva Las Vegas | Golden Skate

Viva Las Vegas

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
After experiencing one of those rough patches in life (getting divorced, starting over, some health issues), I'm taking my teenager to Las Vegas tomorrow for a few days of fun and a friend's wedding and a reunion with my very best friend from college (she lives there--she's not the bride, different friend). I am so excited to get away, even though it is a mild ONE HUNDRED FOURTEEN DEGREES there--and expected to get HOTTER on her wedding day, July 4th! :biggrin: :cool:

Twelve years ago, another friend of mine got married in Scottsdale, AZ on July 5th. Temperatures were unbelievably hot then, too. :p

What is it with me, why don't my friends decide to get married in, say, Hawaii in say, September or April?

I'm taking my teenager to Las Vegas tomorrow for a few days of fun and a friend's wedding and a reunion with my very best friend from college.
Teenager! Wow, time flies.

We had a family reunion (Mrs. MM's family) in Phoenix in August one year, and they scheduled the family picnic to start at 10:00 PM. We thought that was a strange time for a picnic. Until we got there and realized you can't go outside until after sundown. :)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
June and July are the best times to get married.... here in Alaska :lol:

have fun! I've never been to Vegas...

sillylionlove

Medalist
Have fun. The record high temp in Las Vegas is 115 degrees which they say they are goign to reach sometime towards the end of the week...well at least that's what my MIL says.

At least you are not going to Phoenix where it's about 115 degrees already!!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I'm sure you're there by now, so I hope you had a great time!!!! And remember...........what happens in Vegas.................:biggrin:42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Well, what happened in Vegas.... was great! We had the best time! The wedding was lovely (albeit brief--shortest wedding I've ever been to, maybe 5 minutes at the most!), my daughter and I played tourist in a bunch of hotels, saw a show (the jousting show at The Excalibur), hung out with my best friend from music school. It was incredibly HOT! I think it tipped the mercury at 116 degrees! Even at night, it was unbelievably hot. It was so nice to get away even for just a few days.