Who is working with Kurt B. this year? | Golden Skate

Who is working with Kurt B. this year?

Arianne

On the Ice
Just wondering who is is doing choreography for this year. I think I saw Jeremy Abbot listed. I love Kurt's work. Does anyone have any updates on Kurt?

Arianne

Sylvia

Record Breaker
i think evan is going to work with him on some things.
Lysacek mentioned in his latest journal entry on his official site that he is working with Lori Nichol on his competitive programs this year.

Browning has choreographed short programs for Jeremy Abbott (will be on the Sr.GP) and Brandon Mroz (will be back on the JGP) and also worked with Brian Joubert in May (not sure which program). I recently watched Abbott's SP to Santana's "Treat" on the Broadmoor Open webcast and I think this could be a very fun and effective program for him as he gets more mileage on it -- the deft and nimble footwork sequences are very 'Kurt"-like!

Those Kurt Browning steps are priceless. Abbott should sell them in the competition.

Evan with Lori? I don't recall her doing choreo for Men.

Joe

Teenes

On the Ice
Kurt's choreographing for:
Brian Joubert
Tubga Karademir's SP (music unknown)
Jeremy Abbott's SP ("Treat" by Carlos Santana)
Brandon Mroz's SP ("Night on Bald Mountain" by Mussorgsky)

He's not working with Evan this year, according to Evan's journal, as Sylvia mentioned.

This thread may interest you, I've been keeping it updated with Kurt choreography news as I get it.

Angelluv

Rinkside
Those Kurt Browning steps are priceless. Abbott should sell them in the competition.

Evan with Lori? I don't recall her doing choreo for Men.

Joe

I could be wrong, but I think Lori has done work for Scott Smith. :)

emma

Record Breaker
yup

she also choreographed Tim Goebel's SP in 2005 :love:

My memory is so fuzzy, but was this the short program that opened with circular footwork - or some kind of unusual opening? I remember loving it but can't remember the details.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I *think* so... it's been a while since I've watched it... he debuted it at teh 05 Nationals, and was the most emotional program of all time by Tim (and one of the most by any skater) as that was the year that Angela Nikodinov and her family were in the fatal wreck on their way from the airport to the competition... after the skate he broke down and was pretty much sobbing out on center ice...

he never skated so well... before or since IMO... it was just heartbreaking... but a stunning skate...

Kypma

Final Flight
I *think* so... it's been a while since I've watched it... he debuted it at teh 05 Nationals, and was the most emotional program of all time by Tim (and one of the most by any skater) as that was the year that Angela Nikodinov and her family were in the fatal wreck on their way from the airport to the competition... after the skate he broke down and was pretty much sobbing out on center ice...

he never skated so well... before or since IMO... it was just heartbreaking... but a stunning skate...

Would you happen to know where I could find a copy of this video? I can't seem to find it on Youtube...

Kypma

Kurt Browning trivia questions:

a. Who was Kurt's partner when he competed as an ice dancer?

b. What championship did they win?

c. What music did they skate to?

emma

Record Breaker
a. Who was Kurt's partner when he competed as an ice dancer?

He competed as an ice dancer?

b. What championship did they win?

I have no idea :p

What music did they skate to?

Well, since we've mentioned it a bit, I'll guess "the feeling begins". Ok, i'm kidding cuz he must have skated dance before he 'got known' in singles, right?

PS i finally figured out how to do multiple quotes in one post, pretty cool.

Kypma

Final Flight
Kurt Browning trivia questions:

Michelle Pollitt

1978 Alberta Pre-Juvenile Dance Championship

The "Mickey Mouse Club" Theme :biggrin:

Well, I haven't yet figured out how to put in multiple quotes ;)

Seriously, does a video of this performance exist? It would be really cool!

Kypma

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I hope Kurt is going to work with some Canadian Skaters this season.

discoduck

On the Ice
I can't wait to see Jeremy Abbott's SP. He first caught my attention at 05 Nationals and I'm sure his work with Kurt will be great. :)