Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry

Custom Title

Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry

Custom Title
    Thanks for letting us know that Johnny had a new journal entry.

Sounds like he is a little dissapointed (to put it nicely) about not getting permission to skate in Japan - and, as some of us suspected, the mandatory team meeting sounds like it was a lot more important for the youngsters...

It's good to hear him excited about his short program (can't wait to hear the music...); I wonder what will develop for the long program.

Having moved in the summer more times than I wish to remember, here's wishing Johnny a smooth move (I'm just going to assume he has hired help ), and best of luck with the transition.

Wow, what a story with the Champs Camp and the COI Japan Tour. We were all just wondering in the Champs Camp thread what it was actually for, because it sounded like they were all gathered together to hear some stuff that they probably already know, or could be easily informed of via emails or documents.

I wonder what this all implies for John and Rena. Have they now lost their eligibility to compete for the USA? Will they switch to represent Japan? That'd be funny, not to mention that the Japanese federation and public would probably be thrilled to have a world-class pairs team.

John & Rena have been treated so dismally by USFSA in the last year or so. I distinctly get the feeling that they were getting sidelined even more than Johnny was. Didn't J&R's exhibition piece get left out of the Nationals exhibition on TV, as well as Marshall's Showcase in its televised form? In contrast, Johnny got both his solo piece and the trio with D&M shown. Either USFSA or the TV promoters decided that J&R are not worth showing anymore... I'm sure they felt like this random Champs Camp was just the last straw on the camel's back.

I missed out on five shows in Japan and a year's rent in Lyndhurt, N.J., to sit in Colorado for a grand total of 12 hours.
    USFS looks foolish once again.

To me, any event that advances the popularity of figure skating anywhere and increases the visibility of U.S. skaters in particular -- that just has to serve the interests of USFS better than a meeting that seems to have little purpose than to prove that USFS is the boss and the athletes the servants.

Good for Inoue and Baldwin. If USFS "punishes" them by taking away their assignments, I hope they fight it in court.
    The promoters of COI Japan had me film an official apology to the Japanese people and explain my reasoning for not performing in the last five shows. I spoke Japanese...
    Johnny speaks Japanese?

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Johnny speaks Japanese?
    http://johnnyweirdvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Now that's just way too cool!

Everybody, click on that!

Banned
    I wish I could speak 3 languages (he knows Russian as well).

Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Nice accent.

Johnny speaks French:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=m8302DLEPnM

Johnny speaks Russian:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=zgNe0g0W6Sk

Anyways...

Custom Title
    USFS should schedule mandatory meetings 6-9 months in advance. I cannot blame Johnny for being vocal about missing all that money. He's right, USFS will probably (figuratively) "box his ears" for spilling the scoop, but I'm glad to hear about it.

I too wonder if this will affect I&B's eligibility? I doubt it, but you'd think there'd have to be some penalty.

Custom Title
    Does missing the meeting effect John and Rene's eligibility for international events only or for all events, national and international?

Custom Title
    By the way, who is Faye Kitarieva? Doesn't ring a bell.

A child choreographer from CA, USA.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by momjudi View Post
    Does missing the meeting effect John and Rene's eligibility for international events only or for all events, national and international?
    If they can't get international events, national ones don't matter.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by momjudi View Post
    Maybe, they got some sort of special waiver -- blocking skaters from doing shows is one thing, but blocking them from seeing their parents is something different. It also might be a back-slap for them, not for Johnny -- the USFS admitting that "they need Weir", but they don't need I & B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast