Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry

Custom Title
    It's always a treat to read Johnny's journal. Looks like he is prepared and ready to work hard with his new coach. Good for him! I am looking forward to his new season.

I & B probably don't care about whether they will lose their eligibility or not, or they won't ignore the USFS's warning. No matter what the USFS does, it still is the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by jennylovskt View Post
    No matter what the USFS does, it still is the boss.
    And that's the problem. The national federations, and especially the ISU, are more interested in being the boss than in doing what's best for the sport.

Custom Title
    I wonder whether Weir just took it for granted that he will get the ESCA because also I & B were scheduled for the Japanese tour, and left the arranging of the matter too late?
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-05-2007 at 06:34 AM.

I knew that barbeque in Colorado Springs was strange and no one questioned it. everyone just wanted to look at the photos. oh well.

I know nothing about ESCAs but apparently they are important and to hold the barbeque at that time is also mysterious.

Best News!! Nothing in that journal speaks about outside amusements It's the first entry I've read where he is serious, and I am delighted to feel he cares about his skating. I was worried there for awhile.

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I knew that barbeque in Colorado Springs was strange and no one questioned it. everyone just wanted to look at the photos. oh well.

Joe
    Well, I did agree that it sounded like a mandatory waste of time for senior skaters, useful only to the up and comers - maybe I said it more cryptically, but I totally agreed that it sounded like bogus - like many (mandatory) voluntary meetings I have to attend. Difference for me is I don't loose on major opportunities to earn money when I "volunteer" to attend my meetings. I really think that the USFS should a) schedule its required things a year in advance and b) be very felixbile with elite skaters who, as MM pointed out, are generating interest in the sport every time they perform.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    i hope that he announces his music soon. This is gonna drive me crazy. I wonder if he is working with a new chreogapher now that he has swiched coaches. What state is he in now again? sorry but i know this... just can't rember it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    I really think that the USFS should a) schedule its required things a year in advance and b) be very felixbile with elite skaters who, as MM pointed out, are generating interest in the sport every time they perform.
    It sounds like Rena and John just blew of the meeting. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Go NJ Devils
    I don't think I&B could represent Japan, because she gave up her Japanese citizenship to skate with him in Torino.

Custom Title
    I read on another board that Rena and John might have gotten their approval for all shows before the USFS set the dates for the Colorado camp. Apparently, they have arranged with Pasha Grishuk to choreograph their programs for next season, and, have already picked the music, so it doesn't sound to me like they are planning to retire.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    And that's the problem. The national federations, and especially the ISU, are more interested in being the boss than in doing what's best for the sport.
    Absolutely. And you can boss yourself into a corner, too. A skater can't compete without federation backing. But if you jerk around your money makers, don't expect them to have your back when you get in a bind. A skater who has been treated poorly might not feel obliged to slap another icepack on the old knee and go one more year just because it would reeeeally help the federation.

Susan

OMG! I can't believe this - Johnny's new choreographer in California is a sister-in-law of a very good friend of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Ptichka View Post
    OMG! I can't believe this - Johnny's new choreographer in California is a sister-in-law of a very good friend of mine!
    We will expect up to the minute spy reports!

Quote Originally Posted by waxel View Post
    By the way, who is Faye Kitarieva? Doesn't ring a bell.
    As far as I know, she hasn't done much big name choreography; she has done some skating back in Russia; she's been coaching in California for about 12 years now - http://images109.fotki.com/v778/file...111106_IMG.jpg.
    Last edited by Ptichka; 07-05-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2