Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir's New Journal Entry

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i hope that he announces his music soon. This is gonna drive me crazy. I wonder if he is working with a new chreogapher now that he has swiched coaches. What state is he in now again? sorry but i know this... just can't rember it.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I really think that the USFS should a) schedule its required things a year in advance and b) be very felixbile with elite skaters who, as MM pointed out, are generating interest in the sport every time they perform.

It sounds like Rena and John just blew of the meeting. It will be interesting to see what happens.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I don't think I&B could represent Japan, because she gave up her Japanese citizenship to skate with him in Torino.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I read on another board that Rena and John might have gotten their approval for all shows before the USFS set the dates for the Colorado camp. Apparently, they have arranged with Pasha Grishuk to choreograph their programs for next season, and, have already picked the music, so it doesn't sound to me like they are planning to retire.

decker

On the Ice
And that's the problem. The national federations, and especially the ISU, are more interested in being the boss than in doing what's best for the sport.

Absolutely. And you can boss yourself into a corner, too. A skater can't compete without federation backing. But if you jerk around your money makers, don't expect them to have your back when you get in a bind. A skater who has been treated poorly might not feel obliged to slap another icepack on the old knee and go one more year just because it would reeeeally help the federation.

Susan

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
OMG! I can't believe this - Johnny's new choreographer in California is a sister-in-law of a very good friend of mine!