Toni, And Anyone Else Who Likes Pictures | Golden Skate

Toni, And Anyone Else Who Likes Pictures

I've really been trying to up my photography skills with my new camera. I've started this web site with some of my better photographs, mostly of nature. Thought you, Toni, especially, might enjoy seeing the pictures!

http://patch57.homestead.com/myphotospage1.html

And two of the things keeping me busy and off the computer except to work with the many photos I take of them:

http://patch57.homestead.com/KitandMollypage1.html
(there aren't any pics on page 2 yet even though you can link to it)

Last edited:

skamper23

Medalist
Okay..I have total photo envy! Those are great pictures! I wish I could take photos like that! I have a digital and can never seem to find the right settings!! And the photos seem to stay in my camera forever!! Someday I'll learn how it all works!:laugh:

Thank you Skamper and Toni.

Skamper, I like taking pictures, always have. Believe me, though, I am totally novice. I have barely read the instructions to my fairly new Sony Cybershot camera. It's mostly the camera doing the hard work...I'm just spotting the subject and snapping the shutter button. The camera as 12x optical zoom, very important for good photos. Digital zoom means nothing but closer subject but grainy, blurry photo.

I have an all windows back porch where we sit when it isn't too blasting hot...I keep two of the windows with no screens super clean and snap the photos of the birds through the windows.

This coming Saturday is Photo Day at the Phillies, I'll get to go down on a section of the field and photograph the players as they walk by. I'm sure I'll burn up 4 sets of batteries! I HOPE I manage to get some good pictures....it's kind of hard in the crowds and the fact the players aren't supposed to stop to pose...but if you are brazen enough to convince them to, some will. I'm not that brazen!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really like your pictures, especially the flowers.

Dee

Thank you Dee!
Those flowers are another reason I have less time to be on the computer this time of year....except for when we get a heatwave like we're having today and tomorrow...I'll be cooped up in the a/c except for early morning and maybe late evening.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Patch, I'm like you I don't jump in and try to get 'celeb athlete shots' if and when I have the chance lol

but I'm getting better at giving photo directions ;) "Sit here, like this. no not like that. like THIS" ;)

Lovely photos, NJSk8fan. I'm a sucker for hummingbird pictures! All bird pictures, really. And kitten pictures, of course. You got some great shots. And your new babies are adorable. Love the little mustache.