Anybody Watching Big Brother? | Golden Skate

Anybody Watching Big Brother?

Only 2 episodes in, I haven't really got a handle on the contestants yet.

Why does Danielle look sooo familiar to me? It seems as though I've seen her somewhere before. And her father, he's too much...I don't believe he knows all those celebrity he was dropping the names of....But he does look like Tommy Lee!(I think that is who I mean, the guy that was on Rock Star Supernova with all the tatoos)
At "first glance", so to speak, I'm liking Amber. Jen crying over her picture was absolutely ridiculous. And Joe....oh good greif, talk about overkill dramatic personality---ugh!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patch, I started watching and I'm like you about Jen and the picture. I know that I've not liked some of my pictures but to react like she did was really crazy. Joe, I can't stand people like him, and I don't mean the homosexual part, I mean blurting out something so personal as that. He needs to go right away. So far I kind of like Danielle's father but time will tell. I think it's going to be an interesting season.

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'm watching altho I swear every year its my last but then I think "just see what they are like & what new twists are there" & the next thing I know I'm back to watching. I was hoping Kail would put that Jen up for elimination. How vain can you get? Then she sits & cries & Really makes herself look homely!! I'm not impressed by Evil Dick either or Diva Joe. I do like Dustin & Eric so far. I can't tell the studs apart yet. I feel sorry for Danielle as it sounds like her mother has never been there for her either. I have no opinion yet on the other girls.

Good to know someone else is watching...besides my DH, no one I know watches so I have no one to talk to about the show!
This early on, I have trouble figuring out who seems "good" and who seems "bad", who I like or don't like. Then when I make a decision, next thing you know, I'm changing my mind!

Joe's homosexuality doesn't bother me, it's his personality! His ex-partner seems like a much nicer, level headed guy so far.

I thought it was sad when Danielle said something about "you don't need to have a mother and a father"....something about her family being her dog, boyfriend and grandmom.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jen isn't the brightest person I've seen on the show. I was surprised that Danielle didn't use the POV to save someone. I forget his name but the football player needs to get a new do. I think he had his helmet on when it was cut or styled. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

merrywidow

Record Breaker
Who do you want to see leave? I hope its Amber just because I don't want to watch her cry anymore. She's not very attractive with puffy, red eyes, is she? Then Jen can go because she's psychotic, IMO.

Then she sits & cries & Really makes herself look homely!!
:rofl: That was so funny. Her picture looked fine, but while she was sitting there telling us how bad she looked in the picture, she was looking terrible.

Big Brother must be coaching them to carry on like this, right? What about Carrol's nemisis from junior high? How can that be for real?

I'd rather see Carol go before Amber...I don't know exactly why since it's so early on, first eviction is always hard if the person that annoys you the most isn't up.
I think Jen is a bit psychotic too and would've loved to seen her go. And the blond that is Carol's high-school enemy, I can't stand her voice.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And the blond that is Carol's high-school enemy, I can't stand her voice.
I can't stand her voice either. Carol reminds me of Katy Taylor. I don't think I'm going to end up liking Danielle; can't put my finger on it but time will tell.

Dee

Jhar55

Medalist
I am watching, I think most of the HG's are actors.
that Joe looks like one of the guys from first season of Lugana Beach the one who was into makeing hats. And I'd wouldn't want to be in the house with him I'd be afraid to use the potty after what he said about VD.
And Amber crying she shouldn't have been put on the block because she's a single mom, that's not why she was put there.
What do you think about America's Player?
Jen really needs to be sent home, too bad she can't remember her own name that she has to have it on all her shirts :rofl:
Dani and her dad hope they can work out what ever their problems are or at least make peace with each other when they go their seperate ways.

Jhar55, I don't know if you could be hitting on something about the HG's being actors or not, but I swear Joe, Danielle and Jameeka all look so darned familiar to me for some reason!

Jen's shirts really are :laugh: !

I'll have to see what they put America's Player up to as the weeks go by. So far it isn't impressing me much.

What? The teacup holds NINE GALLONS of water?

Baloney -- it holds a thousand. The teacup is at least five feet wide and five feet high, maybe more. If it were a cube, it's volume would be 125 cubic feet. One cubic foot = 7.5 gallons. :cool:

This weeks challenge for "America's player" is more interesting -- he must convince Jen to nominate a particular player.

Yeah, all of these guys are actors. I think Big Brother learned its lesson with season one, where they really did just have ordinary boring people living out their ordinary boring lives.

Is anyone watching House Calls? I see from the ads that Gretchen is hosting alone this season. I guess they fired Marcelas. Too bad, he was great on House Calls, but when he came back to play Big Brother All Stars he played a dumb game and also revealed an unattractive side of his personality, and now he's gone. :cry:

How about Evil Dick's mom? "When you have a child, that's the end of your life as you know it."

So Danielle never had a mother at all?

Last edited:
I wonder, too, what happened to Danielle's mother. Wonder if it will ever be mentioned?

I liked Marcelas on his original show but didn't like him as much on the "all stars".

I don't watch House Calls.

I was wondering about that 9 gallons thing, too. That tea cup looks huge!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I may be totally wrong but I like Evil Dick..let's see, Danielle borrowed money from him and didn't pay it back so she stopped talking to her dad!! hmmmmmm :scratch: I just loved it when Jen won HOH, I wonder how many people will like her now. The teacup has a door so not too much water can stay in it.

Dee

Ah ha, Dee...you are smart! I didn't even think of taking into consideration the door is NOT there on the tea cup!

I thought the exact same thing about Danielle and the borrowing money situation. How bad a guy can Dick be if he raised his two children and didn't pawn them off onto relatives or something due to whatever happened to their mother! I kinda like him, too, although I'm not so sure all his "dinner with Cher" etc. stories are all true.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
But Danielle's brother said it was the way his Dad asked for the money back from her so he may have suggested that she get the money in an insulting way? I need more information before I decide whose side I'll take. Speaking of house guests being actors, Eric, America's Player, is so familiar to me. I can't think why either.

Jhar55

Medalist
Oh, the tea cup it was obivious that it wouldn't hold much only because once the water goes ove the hole in the floor it would run out. My guess when the question was asked was 10 galllons.
Almost everyone in BB chatroom says them seen most of the HG's somewhere most likely they are c - level actors and just doing this for more exposer. IMO the only season with real people was BB1.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jen dominates Dick and Danielle for eviction because they give off negative energy??? Great choices Jen, so why does everyone yell at you?? :clap: :clap:
Wonder who will get POV .................... and will they save either Dick or Danielle?? I think if Dick wins POV, he would save Danielle but I don't think she would do the same for him.

Dee

To me, this will be the test to see if Big Brother is really on the up and up or whether the whole thing is scripted.

Both Dick and Danielle are good theater, especially together. It would be in Big Brother's interest to keep them both. Let's see whether the person who wins the Power of Veto uses it, then they vote the new nominee off and keep both Dick and Danielle.

Dang, I forgot to watch it Sunday!

I've pretty much caught up on what happened, though, through MB's and reading the CBS site.

Can't wait to watch tonight. It'll take a lot away from the show to have either Dick or Danielle leave, even though I'm not that fond of Danielle. So I hope POV saves someone, someone else goes up and gets sent home.