Disson Skating Shows | Golden Skate

Disson Skating Shows

sillylionlove

Medalist
I was looking at the list of Disson Skating shows for this coming fall.

It seems to me like all the shows have the same performers which in my opinion is quite boring. Once in a while i like to see some different skaters. Although there are some surprises...here are mine

1. At Brian's Skating Spetacular.....David Pellietier is listed...which is wierd not seeing him with Jamie although she probably won't be in any condition to skate since she will have given birth a few months before.

2. Amber Corwin...I thought she totally disappeared from the scene.

3. Dorothy Hamill is in one show!!

4. How many shows Sasha is doing.

5. Isabelle Brassuer and Rocky Marval will be skating together at Kristi's show as will Jenni Meno and Todd Sand. I wonder if Kristi's show will have all the kids again!!

Sylvia

Record Breaker
I was looking at the list of Disson Skating shows for this coming fall.
Here's the link to Disson's site: http://www.dissonskating.com/our_events/07_shows/2007_index.htm

Amber Corwin...I thought she totally disappeared from the scene.
Corwin skated in at least 2 of the Disson shows last year.

I wonder if Kristi's show will have all the kids again!!
Yes, is what I've heard. I believe Rory Flack Burghart is a new addition to this year's show -- she has 2 young sons who are skating.

they are just not my cup of tea. And to mention the same old skaters, I would add, and the same old routines (rehashed, of course.)

And the beauty is there is never any mistakes. The shows are well edited before shown.

Joe

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I wonder what is up with Amber. I never see her at the rink anymore.... so when and where is she training for these shows. Also she had said when she retired from comepting that she was going to start her fashion buissnes. she has a degree from cal state long beach. I wonder if she has gotten started on that yet.

Vicky458

On the Ice
I love Kristi Family And Friends show. i love to see the children and how they interact with their parents. Last year, Victor's daughter skated and I was very impressed. I hope to see her at seniors soon. She was lovely to watch.

We saw Amber in Country On Ice last year in Philadelphia. It was a pretty good show overall.

We're still considering attending Fashion On Ice in Atlantic City in November.

And the beauty is there is never any mistakes. The shows are well edited before shown.
But it's great fun for the live audience. The skaters come out at the end for "do-overs" to splice into the tape. So they ask the audience to stay so the stands won't suddenly go empty in the "middle" of someone's performance. :laugh:

Kurt Browning is a master at entertaining the crowd during these segments. "OK, everybody, Kristi's going to do that triple Lutz that she missed earlier. Get ready to give a big cheer!" :agree:

I have even heard that sometimes the men have a taping session before the show, where they do their triple Axels over and over until they land one. Then in the actual live performance they only need to do a double. No business like show business, LOL.

Last edited:

Ice Princess

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I love seeing the skaters with their kids, too-I think it was an awesome idea which I hope they continue!!:clap:

silverfox

Rinkside
Last year, Victor's daughter skated and I was very impressed. I hope to see her at seniors soon. She was lovely to watch.

Victoria skated a number with her father in New Jersey COI this year. She was quite a hit.

This weekend Victoria's competing in New Jersey in the Moran Memorial Championships. She's currently pre-juvenile. So we have a while to wait until she reaches senior ladies.