Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Mission accomplished - Aliona Savchenko and Robin Szolkowy

Custom Title
    Aliona and Robin skating to Indian music. I am excited just thinking about it.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by netnuts View Post
    http://www.pixeleis.de/index2.php?la...iepresse090707

Their new short program costumes. Candidates for next years' worst(best) costume? LOL. Definitely original though.

You can download the soundtrack of 'Asoka' from the following link. Does not sound very Indian though.
    http://www.bollyfm.net/bollyfm/mid/86/movie-rm.html

oh please. they look like show costumes. or ice dancers. I guess they fit the music but not pretty in my book. She is showing too much and white pantaloons don't look good on any guy.

This was a great article, great story, great team..... thanks GS for putting that out!

Great American Ballpark Watching the Reds
    I love this pair and I'm looking forward to seeing their new programs this fall. Thanks for the article Paula!

Rinkside
    Thank you very much for an amazing article. I wish Alena, Robin and Ingo a successful season.

I get this feeling that this season will have rivalry between S&Z's lyricism to S&S's bravura. Whatever style one likes, the judges will choose the team with zero faults. Not unlike SLC.

Joe

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I get this feeling that this season will have rivalry between S&Z's lyricism to S&S's bravura. Whatever style one likes, the judges will choose the team with zero faults. Not unlike SLC.

Joe
    Shen/Zhou are not competing this season. In fact they are pretty much retired.

Quote Originally Posted by slutskayafan21 View Post
    Shen/Zhou are not competing this season. In fact they are pretty much retired.
    Well then, no rivalry. Too bad.

Great article. Thank you. This team are wonderful skaters and very talented.
    I will be rooting for them.

Ptichka-thanks for the "article" in your post. That was quite a read.

Custom Title
    Originally Posted by sillylionlove "Remember this was the same country that has all these secret files on Katarina Witt."

That's right - they really kept tight surveillance on Witt - probably worried she might defect. Didn't she say in her book that they bugged her apartment and had tapes of some intimate moments?

Banned
    Well then, no rivalry. Too bad.
    I suppose but S/S so far lack the consistency to seriously rival a team as great as S/Z. Last year at Worlds they could have challenged S/Z had they been able to duplicate their Euros free skate, but they faltered and even dropped to 3rd place below P/T, still their first World medal mind you so still good. At the Olympics they were touted as medal contenders, and they were the only top team to truly skate a poor competition and finished in 6th overall. At Worlds they were even stronger medal hopefuls in a weaker field without T/M and S/Z, and they really fizzled finishing 6th again, this time below I/B and M/B.

They definitely are an original and appealing team, and they are extremely good, but consistency is something they are still striving for.

They may have trouble even in their current rivalries with P/T and Z/Z if they do not find this consistency they have yet to show. Often they do clean shorts, very rarely clean free skates.

Joe
    SLC? That was crooked as hell and the original decision went with the couple that had a mistake!!

Ant

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by antmanb View Post
    SLC? That was crooked as hell and the original decision went with the couple that had a mistake!!

Ant
    Well, I never thought the decision was wrong. In previous Worlds the same happened: S&P did a mistake but had a more difficult programme and won over faultless B&S. In SLC it was S&P that were faultless with an easier programme.
    Last edited by Jaana; 07-24-2007 at 06:02 AM.

I suppose but S/S so far lack the consistency to seriously rival a team as great as S/Z.

I guess if you are of the school that skaters are unable to improve then S/S are doomed. But then how do you explain how S&Z improved after getting a bronze gift at SLC?

That was my point.

I guess if you are of the school that skaters are unable to improve then S/S are doomed. But then how do you explain how S&Z improved after getting a bronze gift at SLC?
    I don't think Shen & Zhao got a bronze gift in SLC. Totmianina & Marinin were in fourth and deservedly so - i don't think they did anything to merit moving past Shen & Zhao in the free, Kyoko & Ina were 5th and they certaintly did not skate well enough to move into third in the FS - their skating skills alone were not good enough to move above Totmianina & Marinin or Shen & Zhao.

Ant

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast