My Piggy Bank | Golden Skate

My Piggy Bank

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Instead of spending $1.15 per day on coffee at work I decided to cut back and put the money I would spend at work in my little tin bank at home. I threw in about $6.00 worth of change this week. I am going to see how disciplined I can be. It will be tough. I bring instant coffee and tea to work in order to save money and I always bring my lunch. It is rare that I purchase anything in the cafeteria - which is not that great anyway. Does anyone else do this? How do you save money? Do you have a piggy bank? Please share your tips.

Alsace

On the Ice
Does anyone else do this? How do you save money? Do you have a piggy bank? Please share your tips.

I applaud your efforts, and I think it will work!

I'm currently trying the automatic deposit route. (Surely they have this in Canada, too.) You set up an automatic transfer from a checking account to a more-difficult-to-withdraw-from savings account.

An idea that I do not follow but should is ~ adding up the money you save with coupons and depositing that into your piggy bank. I actually tend to use coupons to live beyond what I could do - i.e., buy the treats.

Regarding our piggy bank: all quarters go to laundry. :) All other change is saved up for gift-buying. In other words: change is not spent if I can help it - it comes home to the piggy bank.