U.S. is currently having a very deep bench of young pair skaters. Many of them have either done very well at junior international level or shown great potential at senior international stage.
2007/2008 will be a season many of them want to make a breakthrough. If you want to place a bet, which pair do you believe will seize the opportunity and shine at senior international competitions? Which pairs will make the team to compete at 2008 world championships? and Why? Will veterans I&B finally make a breakthrough and medal at world championships with S&Z and Pet & T retiring. Who will have the best international placing?
Here are some of the American pair skaters that will compete at Sr. grand prix.
1. Brooke CASTILE / Benjamin OKOLSKI, 2006/2007 U.S. national champions
2. Naomi Nari NAM /Themistocles LEFTHERIS, 2006/2007 U.S. national bronze medalists.
3. Tiffany VISE / Derek TRENT
4. Keauna McLAUGHLIN / Rockne BRUBAKER, 2007 Junior World champions
7. Julia VLASSOV / Drew MEEKINS, 2006 Junior world champions
8. Rena INOUE / John BALDWIN
My bet is on Brooke CASTILE / Benjamin OKOLSKI. They showed great potential at 2007 Nationals. The only technical deficiency for this pair is lack of consistent sbs triple jumps.