Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How about you?

Thumbs up How about you?

Since we're all awaiting the start of the skating season, decided to start my old "let us know more about you" (or whatever, ha).
    What would like to tell us about yourself? What do you do? Are you female or male? Are you single? Anything that you think we might want to know about you. When you click on my name my info is there.
    Let us hear about you.

Matt Savoie~Soul Skater CzarinaAnya's Avatar
    I'm going to cosmetology school in January. I loooove make-up. Pretty much obsessed with the science of it all.

Well since you asked......I'm a 39 year old happily married mom of 3 boys...16,12,& 7. I work part-time at a bank. I love to travel. So far this year we've been to Disney World, Myrtle Beach,SC & the White Mountains of NH. I like to read....I like James Patterson , Sandra Brown, Danielle Steele.....and I've read all the Harry Potters except the last one which is sitting on my desk...I'll get around to it.
    And of course I love figure skating....watching it...(not actually skating) I love going to see it live...I saw 5 Stars on Ice shows last year! I also saw Halloween on Ice live last year (they are re-airing it at the end of this month). Just last month I went to an "Evening for Iveta"...a benefit show...and at the end of the show I got a rose from Johnny Weir! I have yet to go to a competion, but I watch them all on tv.

Custom Title
    Here I go:

I am 37, Canadian via Trinidad, & living in Toronto.
    5-10, 136 pounds
    NO kids, husband, or pets.
    Obsessed football fan (that would be soccer to those in N.A.)
    Interest in F.S. has been fading but I still love it.
    Currently read LOTR. That would be all the books inspired by the middle earth saga.
    A life long public transit user.
    Interested in the enviroment, artist rights, public funding for public education and transit.
    Yes I own an iPod. No tattoos. Wears little makeup. LOVE Youtube
    Pro abortion, against the war in Iraq, drink about 5 cups coffee a day, work night shift.
    Hope for the future include a long list of dreams that are yet to come true but I am an optimist and continue to hope.

Real name is Pat.
    Just turned 50.
    Avid Phillies baseball fan, avid figure skating fan.
    Have 3 cats and one dog...Philly 2 1/2 yr. old mostly black cat; Molly and Kit, 7 month old tuxies, littermates. Nellie, pointer-beagle mix. Lost our precious Aggie, jack russell terrier, in March...she was just over 17 years old.
    Been married for 27 years.
    Favorite holiday is Christmas.
    I hate extreme weather...warm falll and warm spring weather is my favorite.
    I haven't worked outside the house since being married and just recently "retired" from private childcare, but keep in touch with the family I worked for over the last 20 years because of a 14 year age difference in the kids.
    I like to flower garden and go to yard sales and take pictures to make photo webpages.
    Find out more about me by visiting my homepage and by clicking on the links to my other webpages which are listed on one of the pages of my homepage!
    http://www.patch57.homestead.com/myhomepage.html

Single. Female. American of Chinese descent. Still seeking Mr. Right.

One brother who has provided me with a nephew and 2 nieces, ages 7 1/2 yrs, 5 1/2 yrs and 8 1/2 months. I spoil them - although the youngest takes about a day to warm up to me because I visit every 3 weeks or so.

Work at Phillips-Van Heusen for almost 13 whole years supporting the computer systems that are used to support their Retail Outlet operations. Company operates Van Heusen, GH Bass, Calvin Klein, Geoffrey Beene and Izod stores throughout the US. If you're interested in Friends and Family discounts, PM me and I'll send them to you when they are available.

Grew up in Peekskill, NY. Attended college at RIT in Rochester, NY. Love New York City (Go, Yankees!). Currently live in New Jersey between Rutgers and Princeton.

Discovered Paula on about.com and followed over hear to GoldenSkate. I also visit a All My Children board (www.pinevalleybulletin.com) and watch General Hospital. I am a huge advocate of TiVo and probably more TV than many of my friends. Enjoy reading - mostly lightweight romance novels (which are much needed after stressful work days), biographies, and books about historic events, National Geographic.

Rogue Leader
    I turn the big 3-0 this week. I'm actually excited about it, which people find odd. I like milestone birthdays.

I just moved to Winnipeg from Toronto, and changed jobs. I'm still in the financial services industry. I'm in charge of a team of 25 people. It's a little overwhelming right now.

Other than skating, I like tennis and baseball. I'm just a spectator though. I'm too clutzy and physically inept to actually play anything. My hobby is baking and I love to read books and magazines (MacLean's and the Economist are my faves).
    Last edited by Antilles; 10-08-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Ballroom Baby
    I'm 29, female, living the "greater Boston area". I'm working four part-time jobs at the moment. Yes, it seems like a lot, but one is five days a week, two are as-needed, and one is teaching learn to skate on weekends. I'm single, and not particularly thrilled about that, but my standards are appallingly high (ie they have to live up to the last one--including being able to dance like him. I'm not holding my breath.) I am owned by two cats, or so they think.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I am Cathy.
    I am 35 years old and will be 36 on Elvis' birthday. So if you know that date then you will know when my birthday is!!
    I work for the State of New Jersey. There are many different divisions in the state and I prefer to keep what exactly I do quiet since if you ever had to deal with this Division you might not like me!! (no it has nothing to do with taxes or crime!)
    I am married and live in Southern New Jersey. I was born in New York City and was raised on Long Island where I lived until I was 29 years old and moved to New Jersey. I live about 20 minutes from Philly and spend the non skating season going to the museum in Philly where I am a member. I saw the Renoir landscapes a week ago. I totally recommend seeing this exhibition if you are into art. Many of the paintings were from private collections.
    My hubby loves American History so we spend a great deal of time going to historical places. This year so far I have been to 8 presidents homes and/or libraries. I have been to Mount Vernon (Washington's home), Monticello (Jefferson's home), Ashlawn (James Monroe's home), Sagamore Hill (Roosevelt's home), Lindenwald (Van Buren's home), Reagan's library and Nixon's library and FDR's home. Who knows where we will be going this coming year. We have also been to the Schuyler Mansion which is where Alexander Hamilton got married. So if anyone wants to go to any of these places, let me know!!! Here is a fun presidential fact to share a parties.. .Teddy Roosevelt's neice was Eleanor Roosevelt who married Franklin Roosevelt who was Teddy's fifth cousin. So not only did Eleanor not have to change her name when she got married but she married a famiy member!!!

Hi everyone! I have been absent from the board for a while. It has been a very exciting summer for me. I got married for the first time at the age of 53 on July 7, 2007 (Michelle Kwan's birthday). Now I have moved from WV to Bayfield Wisconsin. It is a beautiful little tourist town with a population of 611 on Lake Superior. My new hubby and I live right on the lake which has been great for the summer...............I will let you know how I feel after the freezing weather starts, LOL. I also now have three wonderful children.........a son 34, a daughter 27 who is married and lives in Edmonton Alberta who is expecting a baby in March, and our baby girl who is 25 and just got married in August. We also have two dogs..Casey May a poodle and Marney Lynn a chiuahua. I am a retired nurse and hubby is a retired police officer. My hobbies are cooking, crafting, gardening, reading and watcing figure skating and college football....GO WVU MOUNTAINEERS. Also I am quickly becoming a Packers and Wisconsin Badgers fan. Bayfield has no traffic lights in the entire county and there are no chain restaurants/hotels. We have to drive 27 miles to get to WalMart or McDonalds and 70 miles to the mall or Starbucks in Duluth MN. Going back to WV the end of this month to move my furniture and household items up and then I will be selling my house there. Since moving here I have been busy "debacheloring" the house.................... Looking forward to the new figure skating season. Have missed all of you and hope to start posting more soon.

Custom Title
    Sillylionlove
    You got the visit the Smithsonian! If I ever visit the US it is only to see that museum.

Welcome back Piel and congrats.
    Last edited by Buzzz; 10-09-2007 at 01:12 PM.

Oh, Piel!! I'm so glad to hear from you I am actually crying, which I seldom do.
    I am just so happy for you. Hope now we will be hearing more from you. How is your mother?

Piel, Congratulations on your marriage!!!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I went to the Smithsonian last September. Then we headed to Virginia. Then we spent a few days at Virginia Beach!! I was very upset that the American History Museum closed a week before we got there for two years for renovations! We were upset about that.

I don't know who you are Piel but nice to have you back since a few people seem to be looking for you!!

I just want to say that Piel couldn't have picked a better day to get married...My husband and I celebrated our 17th anniversary on July 7, 2007!!! I heard lots of people were getting married on that date this year because of the triple 7's...what a lucky day to be married on 7-7-07!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast