The Human Zamboni! | Golden Skate

The Human Zamboni!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Certainly not her most inspiring moment on the ice, still one should not make light of it. Every skater has a bad day.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Alissa was not skating in the final flight though, the last skater in the entire Olympics, skating in her home country, 5th after the short with a shot to medal. If she was skating in a middle flight her "performance" would have gone largely unnoticed. Too bad for her she had to have such a great short and get into that position.

Last edited:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Rundown her program was like:

planned triple loop - shaky double
triple lutz - leaning WAY forward, falls on her stomach
triple flip - very badly cheated, only about 2 1/4 turns around in air
triple toe-triple toe - falls on second triple toe
triple salchow - clean
double axel - lands off balance. three-turn out
in between steps - triples on a simple pivot
triple salchow-double toe - three-turn between the triple salchow and double toe
single axel-series off hops/single jumps-triple toe - falls on triple toe

I also would like to know what the Chinese and Japanese judges who gave her a 5.3 and 5.2 respectively for technical merit were smoking. Perhaps they were planning on a 6.7 and 6.6 had she skated cleanly.

Alissa's Cup of Russia outing was just devestatng.

The year before she got a silver at Skate America, won Skate Canada, and made the GP finals. At Skate Canada 2006 she finished a respectable fourth against a strong field (Rochette, Suguri and Kim).

There was still a mathematical chance that she could have finished first at Cup of Russia, against competition that was not as duanting (the podium was Meier, Sebestyen and Onda) and squeaked into the finals somehow.

capcomop

Rinkside
As long as we are nominating runners up for this title, how about Cohen's 2001 SA LP?
Almost every skater has (or will have) one really, really bad day!

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Even skaters we like have had them...

Michelle Kwan - 1997 Nats LP
Nicole Bobek - 1998 Oly SP
Josee Chouinard - 1996 Nats LP

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Even skaters we like have had them...

Michelle Kwan - 1997 Nats LP
Nicole Bobek - 1998 Oly SP
Josee Chouinard - 1996 Nats LP

Actually Michelle Kwan's 1997 U.S Nationals free program, while the worst perfomance she has ever done in competition probably, still had 4 completely clean triples, only 2 actual "falls". It is amazing how high the standard we set of her. ;) Not to mention she still came 2nd in a pretty strong field over both Bobek and Nikidinov with that "worst ever" performance, albeit miles behind Tara's winning free skate.

I think the thing about Hubert's performance, was that it was in the final flight of the Olympics, in her home country. It was one of the most revealing settings you could get.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Her music selections, and arrangement of how it was put together, was amusing to say the least, and certainly in this particular program that was the case.

Shmuzzy

On the Ice
I know it's been a few years now since we used the old scoring system, but from what I recall, I think she may have been the recipient of some charitable scoring to say the least!