Bunny lovers Help! | Golden Skate

Bunny lovers Help!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
I came home from work / a little shopping and found a little bunny hiding in the grass dangerously close to our dogs. The dogs did not notice the cute little fluff ball.
P7180002.jpg

And upon further inspection I found it (for I don't know how to sex rabbits) does not have the use of it's hind legs :cry:
P7180001.png
Not sure what to do know for the idea I had to just move it to the front yard - bunnies a plenty - is not going to suffice my wanting to help the little bun bun. He is sleeping on my desk right now for I put "it" on the bed and it kept crawling toward me. The back of it is so small in comparison to the front so it looks like it never developed its back muscles. I am not even sure how it has survived this long for it does look to be at least a couple of weeks old by size. I have seen and had much smaller bunnies in my hand before and this one is almost twice their size even with the under developed hind quarters.

So I would appreciate some feed back - and please no euthanize it right now, fo that is a little tough for me to think. I would understand that coming from to of our Rabbit loving posters that rase and have bunnies - but let's discuss other options first. And yes I know what the human society would do and I am thinking about taking it there, but it's life is going to be so short I wonder about trying to keep him happy until the "final days" :cry:

I feel that it may have even been hiding a couple of days ago in the yard and when I was playing ball with the dogs they may have jumped on it breaking its back. I just don't know, but I want this sweet little critter to at least be happy, and he seems to like me, so....?????

The idea of a "illnesses" is crossing my mind also. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Last edited:
Sean, Dutchherder is a professional rabbit breeder. Maybe she will respond -- or you could PM her.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Sean, Dutchherder is a professional rabbit breeder. Maybe she will respond -- or you could PM her.

Good point about going direct to PM. Her and Cza.... were the 2 I thought of.

Sorry about the big pics, but these maybe the little bun buns only claim to fame.;)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thanks for all the info, he /she is stretching their legs and I am off to try and get some clover;) Probably just a sprain???
:clap:
Thank you!
:bow:

btw I went to this site by suggestion of my friends wife.
http://www.greenwoodwildlife.org/

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What language is written on your groceries? :scratch:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:I am surprised you would notice with that cute little Bunny in the pic. It is Roman letters for Asian characters, so it is in a way "english." ;):laugh:

Update. Bunny freely wondering in the mountains with "last I saw waking action" - using them :biggrin: - as he happily scampered off where he belongs, in the wild. There are other bunnies there as well. Lots of trees and brush to hide from predators. Hoping for the best.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
So cute. My sister-in-law also found a bunny without the use of his hind legs, maybe a couple months ago. She eventually took it to a "no kill" shelter.