Pang & Tong: Will this be their year? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pang & Tong: Will this be their year?

pengdequan

Rinkside
I think no one will dominate next season.They all have their own weakness.But I hope P/T will win 2008 worlds title.

Last edited:
S&S and P&T are the top two Pairs for the upcoming season. In fact, other than Z&Z they are the most seasoned skaters in the field. And they are so different, I can not chose one over the other.

However, we have to see if Moskvina has done something with that mixed nationality Pairs. One also should note how D&D from Canada are coming a long. The bronze medal is open for new blood.

Hoping that McLaughlin and Bruebaker make the 2008 Worlds team and make top six, and a podium finish in 2009 in LA.

Joe

hongligl

Final Flight
I don't see them being dominant but they do have a better chance to win a lot this season. The battle will be interesting. P/Tvs S/S and Z/Z.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I dont like the Zhangs at all to be honest. Their farce of an Olympic silver with their "courage and pity" marks, particularly those proposterous PCS for that performance, and the fact the two victims being 2 other Chinese teams and the Chinese system of not speaking out of that type of thing between teammates, make me dislike them even more. So I hope their slide downwards last year is something that sticks in the coming season. I would be very happy to see them not regain the fight for first with their teammates and the Germans, and be relegated to battling teams from Ukraine, Russia, and Canada for the bronze medal.

Like them or hate them I concede some of their acrobatic elements are excellent. However they some of their other elements are mediocre. Worst of all is their connect-the-dots programs, and their weak basic skating skills. She also has no expression out there, and no performance quality, then again neither did the female version of the reigning Olympic Champion when she competed, so perhaps I shouldnt hold that against them too much.

pengdequan

Rinkside
I dont like the Zhangs at all to be honest. Their farce of an Olympic silver with their "courage and pity" marks, particularly those proposterous PCS for that performance, and the fact the two victims being 2 other Chinese teams and the Chinese system of not speaking out of that type of thing between teammates, make me dislike them even more. So I hope their slide downwards last year is something that sticks in the coming season. I would be very happy to see them not regain the fight for first with their teammates and the Germans, and be relegated to battling teams from Ukraine, Russia, and Canada for the bronze medal.

Like them or hate them I concede some of their acrobatic elements are excellent. However they some of their other elements are mediocre. Worst of all is their connect-the-dots programs, and their weak basic skating skills. She also has no expression out there, and no performance quality, then again neither did the female version of the reigning Olympic Champion when she competed, so perhaps I shouldnt hold that against them too much.

Your thoughts about their elements and torino are right.But z/z just did a programme by themselves,you had better not say I hope that they will fight for bronze.It is too strict.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Your thoughts about their elements and torino are right.But z/z just did a programme by themselves,you had better not say I hope that they will fight for bronze.It is too strict.

I have no problem saying I hope they will just be fighting for bronze with several other teams. I dont enjoy their skating, and I find them somewhat overscored in the past often, particularly on the PCS. The whole Olympic courage and pity gift, and the highway robbery of their 2 teammates their brushed under the carpet due to the internal-Chinese thing, did not endear them to me in the least either.

I would be very happy to see a real rivalry between Pang/Tong and the Germans with Zhang/Zhang not involved at all. I would also enjoy seeing a big battle for the bronze medal with several other teams, since the more competition the better, and with their weak basic skating, poor spins, and connect-the-dots choreography they only deserve to be battling for bronze even in next years depleted field.

pengdequan

Rinkside
I have no problem saying I hope they will just be fighting for bronze with several other teams. I dont enjoy their skating, and I find them somewhat overscored in the past often, particularly on the PCS. The whole Olympic courage and pity gift, and the highway robbery of their 2 teammates their brushed under the carpet due to the internal-Chinese thing, did not endear them to me in the least either.

I would be very happy to see a real rivalry between Pang/Tong and the Germans with Zhang/Zhang not involved at all. I would also enjoy seeing a big battle for the bronze medal with several other teams, since the more competition the better, and with their weak basic skating, poor spins, and connect-the-dots choreography they only deserve to be battling for bronze even in next years depleted field.

Now I can tell you a piece of good news for you.They are not in good conditions.But they will just skate for themselves.I don not know if your dreams can come true.

skateskate

Rinkside
They are not in 100%,their sbs jumps skills have not totally recovered.But both of them are very healthy.And they are still very confident.
Thanks. I'm glad they're healthy. I don't think, that problem with jumps is going to be a big deal for them. It's still the beginning of the season. Let's hope.