Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Emily Hughes

On the Ice

Emily Hughes

Does anybody have any thoughts on the 2007-2008 season for Emily Hughes. I think that the music selection of Carmina Burana seems really great for her.
    I really like her energy, enthusiasm, drive, and determination very much.

I wish that she could land more jumps though...

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    Emily is a good skater. Lots of personality as well. However, I do think Carmina Burana would be a little too heavy for her to skate to.

Down With It
    where did you get that info?

Anyway, isn't she going to Harvard this fall? If she's not giving skating 100% I can't see how she can improve- she already slipped somewhat last year at worlds.

Light music suits her style best, IMO
    Last edited by R.D.; 07-19-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Skating Freak Barbie
    Reportedly, she's using "I got rhythm" for her SP. I think both music choices are going to be good for her style. Very much looking forward to her new programs. I like her spirit!

I'll be excited to what she comes up with for these pieces of music... I love watching her skate!

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    where did you get that info?

Anyway, isn't she going to Harvard this fall? If she's not giving skating 100% I can't see how she can improve- she already slipped somewhat last year at worlds.

Light music suits her style best, IMO
    Yes, I agree with you in that she did slip somewhat last year at worlds (9th place) compared to the previous year (7th place), but I feel that she really improved with her speed and chorography (especially the chorography).

Custom Title
    I am anxious to see what Mark Mitchell can do for her in terms of choreography and style. I think she needs to soften up her look. She just seems so rough sometimes.

Custom Title
    If her pattern at Nats holds up, she should win this year.

(of course, if her pattern at Worlds had held up, she should have come in 4th, so her Nats pattern could break this year, but still ...)

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I am anxious to see what Mark Mitchell can do for her in terms of choreography and style. I think she needs to soften up her look. She just seems so rough sometimes.

Yes, I do agree with you that she seems rough at times. She also does seem to skate heavy, not light on her feet. Her sister Sarah was really light on her feet. Emily also seems to be really nervous and I also feel nervous for her.

Custom Title
    Carmina Burana would seem a good choice for her bombastic style of skating. Not sure how much needed improvement we'll see this season in light of her splitting time between school and training. But having Mark Mitchell around can't hurt.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    If her pattern at Nats holds up, she should win this year.

(of course, if her pattern at Worlds had held up, she should have come in 4th, so her Nats pattern could break this year, but still ...)

I find it HIGHLY doubtful that even with the inflated marks that emily seems to get at nationals she could win. If kimmie and Caroline were sidlined due to injury then maybe. Right now I can not see her placing above Either of these girls es with nationals about a week after Harvard finals. Alissa might even skate somewhat cleanly like she did last year and get a spot on the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I find it HIGHLY doubtful that even with the inflated marks that emily seems to get at nationals she could win. If kimmie and Caroline were sidlined due to injury then maybe. Right now I can not see her placing above Either of these girls es with nationals about a week after Harvard finals. Alissa might even skate somewhat cleanly like she did last year and get a spot on the podium.
    I doubt that the judges will want to give the title to Caroline, if there is any way to avoid doing so, simply because they won't like the Nat champ being too young for Sr. Worlds -- and the child could get competition jitters. Alissa could end up anywhere in the top 10. So, while I won't be surprised if the pattern breaks, all Emily needs to win is for Kimmie to have a (really) bad night.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    I doubt that the judges will want to give the title to Caroline, if there is any way to avoid doing so, simply because they won't like the Nat champ being too young for Sr. Worlds -- and the child could get competition jitters. Alissa could end up anywhere in the top 10. So, while I won't be surprised if the pattern breaks, all Emily needs to win is for Kimmie to have a (really) bad night.
    danille khale is working her way up... might land in the top three and we can't forget about rachel flatt who has triple triple in her arsenal. Emily just dosen't have the goods to be national champ.

Hm

I dont know if you should really put too much thought on Dani Kahle for Nationals. We all did that for Katy Taylor....maybe it jinxed her?

As for Emily winning...it actually wouldnt be too shocking for me. All the medal winners last year were actually very close to eachother in points, and I must say I'd love to see Emily take it: it'd be so creepy, too, since Kimmie did the exact same thing (Bronze/Silver/Gold) but I'd love it, and she would have deserved it in my opinion.

Custom Title
    I would love to see Khale come to skate and make the top three. She and Bebe are two young ladies that have not quite lived up to their potential. I think Flatt would have a more realistic shot at making the podium over Emily. Flatt does not seem afraid to compete. Nationals is going to be so exciting. Boy I hate my job. I can't type anything.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast