Emily Hughes | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Emily Hughes

Unfortunately, Alyssa is not on my top 5 at Nats. However, I would love that prediction to be wrong and have Alyssa included.

flying camel

Medalist
Alissa could place as low as 6th or 7th at nationals and still make the world team based on some of the other girls being too young to go to worlds.

netnuts

Match Penalty
wow, Emily and Mira are two hottest properties on FS forums. Emily generates as many posts as Mira.

Both are pretty mediocre, and I have nothing more to add. :clap::bow:

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Both are pretty mediocre, and I have nothing more to add. :clap::bow:

I dont think Emily is mediocre. I actually love her skating style and I think she connects with the audience and the music well. I honestly can't wait to see her new LP.

skates

Rinkside
Emily Hughes is NOT the youngest Hughes kid. She has a younger sister, Taylor, who doesn't skate competitively.

If you read through the LIBERTY thread, you would find out that Rachael Flatt won the Senior Ladies FS by a huge margin over Ashley Wagner, the Junior Worlds bronze medalist. At 14, Rachael finished 5th in her first US Nationals as a Senior. Emily was 16 at her first US Nationals, and she placed 6th. Emily improved to 3rd in her second try at Nationals, and there is no reason to believe that Rachael won't improve her standing as well the second time around.

At 12,Michelle Kwan placed 6th on her first try.She placed 1st on her 3rd try.At 13,Tara Lipinski placed 3rd on her first try.She placed first on her 2nd try

What about Caroline? With all the hype about her... where would you place her?

Kypma
I placed her in 4th. She's not a World's possibility. Too young. But as I said it is much to early for predictions. This will change over the course of the Cheesefests (if they are a competition) plus the more serious GP events.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At 12,Michelle Kwan placed 6th on her first try.She placed 1st on her 3rd try.At 13,Tara Lipinski placed 3rd on her first try.She placed first on her 2nd try

Kwan placed 2nd on her second try, but would have been 3rd if Nancy Kerrigan hadn't gotten whacked. She was 2nd again on her 3rd try (Bobek won in '95). Kwan finally won in '96, on her 4th try, at 15.

Emily has had 3 tries so far: 6th, 3rd and 2nd; she turns 19 before 2008 Nationals.

Kypma

Final Flight
I placed her in 4th. She's not a World's possibility. Too young. But as I said it is much to early for predictions. This will change over the course of the Cheesefests (if they are a competition) plus the more serious GP events.

Joe

Sorry... I missed Caroline on the list somehow.

Kypma

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think people are giving Zhang and Flat too much credit.

This will be another nats that will be Meissner's to lose. Hughes, and to a lesser extent, Alyssa, BeBe and Katy are the front-runners. You can call the young ones "wild-cards". That includes Zhang, Flat and Wagner(?). With a minimum of 10 skaters scheduled to be televised, we might get to see a few of the other unknowns as well.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think people are giving Zhang and Flat too much credit.

This will be another nats that will be Meissner's to lose. Hughes, and to a lesser extent, Alyssa, BeBe and Katy are the front-runners. You can call the young ones "wild-cards". That includes Zhang, Flat and Wagner(?). With a minimum of 10 skaters scheduled to be televised, we might get to see a few of the other unknowns as well.

Hughes, Alyssa, BeBe and Katy are hardly models of consistency. Emily and Bebe can skate good SPs, but their FSs are error-prone. Alyssa and Katy---who knows which alter ego will show up. Zhang is very consistent, and Flatt is fairly consistent. I think one of them is going to make the podium, and there's an outside chance both of them could make it.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Why is everyone ignoring Nagasu? I believe her jumps are better than Zhangs (technically) with good lift. If you're going to talk about the young ones at Nats, she should definitely be included. She's beaten Wagner the last 2 meetings - Nationals and JW. She's split with Zhang and it's been close both times. Don't know if she's ever been in the same group as Flatt.

Also, I think Oster's going to surprise.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Hughes, Alyssa, BeBe and Katy are hardly models of consistency. Emily and Bebe can skate good SPs, but their FSs are error-prone. Alyssa and Katy---who knows which alter ego will show up.

ITA with you here, but like it or not, they've got a better shot at it (meltdown or not) than any of the others on their best day.

Zhang is very consistent, and Flatt is fairly consistent. I think one of them is going to make the podium, and there's an outside chance both of them could make it.

A bit premature, perhaps (the "consistent" statement)? Of course, they COULD make the podium, but other than the medal it won't mean much- no worlds for them since they're too young.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nagasu IS doing Senior Nationals this season, and she has to be included in the mix as one of the more consistent skaters.