Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program
The best case senario?
Hard to belive that skating season is still about two months away.... so let's all name what we would REALLY like to see happen this season.
GP: Caroline zhang medals and makes the final, Kimmie does too, Belbin and Agosto win at least one GP event.
Nationals: Marai or Caroline win, Nam and Leftheris win with a perfect program.
Worlds: don't know yet. I will root for Mao i guess.
IMO, the best case scenario is that $peedy has a heart attack when Johnny and Evan both shut up, skate their best at Worlds, and end up in a perfect tie.
Sexy, smart and sterilized!
Originally Posted by attyfan
I think it would be just precious if the top 3 female skaters at U.S. Nationals were Mirai Nagasu, Caroline Zhang, and Rachel Flatt....forcing the U.S. federation to send the #4 through #6 ranked skaters to Worlds. :chorus:
In dance, I would love to see Domnina & Shabalin win Worlds and DelSchoes finally medal.
I'd like Volosozhar and Morozov and Tomas Verner to keep their momentum from Worlds going and hope they do well overall next season. I'd like V&M to medal in the GP series and at Euros. I hope Savchenko and Szolkowy to win Worlds.
I'd love to see Yu-Na Kim win Worlds and Miki to medal again. Also, I'd like for Kimmie to make the GPF.
I'm not into predictions but definitely looking towards skating.
Mao - Will she be as great as she is cracked up to be in Sweden?
Kimmie to make strides in presentation?
Yu Na to execute a 3A? (Unfortunately she needs it for the CoP.)
Takahashi - Will he bring his terrific skate in Tokyo to Gothenberg?
Joubert to go all out in his LP?
Lambiel - Will he stop overrotating his 3A?
Verner - Was it a fluke?
Berntsson - Can he hold his own in his home country?
Weir and Lysacek - Just checking them out in Nats.
Will there be a showdown between V/M v. D/W? (The others, if they skate, will be as usual, imo.)
This Worlds seems to be going for D/S to win with so many teams not skating.
Where are the 3 podium Pairs at US Nats going? (I can't even think of naming them)
Can Dube/Davidson show they are in the top 5 Pairs?
NOT PREDICTING ANYTHING - JUST WANT TO SEE MY QUESTIONS ANSWERED
My hopes for the upcoming season:
- Savchenko & Szolkowy being consistently on par with Zhang & Zhang and Pang & Tong. Don't even care that much if they win over them at this point, just want to see them at that level all the time.
- Kawaguchi & Smirnov medaling at both (ok, at least one) GP.
- Nam & Leftheris doing well on international scene.
- "Russian Perm school" producing inspiring programs from its three teams on the GP circuit - Krasilnikova & Bezmaternikh, Efaieva & Menshikov, and Bazarova & Larionov.
- Seeing some solid technique at the US Nationals.
- Belbin & Agosto taking it seriously and showing some growth (something I think they haven't really done since the Olympics).
- Domnina & Shabalin skating "really well". The truth is, they'll probably be marked very high anyway, so I want to see them really deserve it.
- One of Zazoui's teams other than Delobel & Schoenfelder making it into the top 10 at worlds - be it Pechalat & Bourzat or Carron & Jost (or something exciting from her new-to-senior-circuit team Brouiller & Richaud).
- Zaretski & Zaretski medaling at one of their GP events.
- Johnny Weir getting back on his game and getting a Worlds medal. I'd be delighted with any color medal for him, even bronze - I just want him to show us all that he is continuing to grow as a skater. His partnership is Zmievskaya (at to a lesser extent with Anissina and Kitarieva) working out well.
- Russian men (other than Plushenko) finally showing some half-way decent results! I almost don't care if them medal (though a couple of GP medals certainly wouldn't hurt), I'm just tired of them all staying in the "promising" category all through their careers!
- US (other than Lysacek & Weir) picking up a few GP medals.
- Top 5 Worlds result for Van Der Perren.
- Gedevanishvili regaining her momentum, being in top 10 at Worlds; her partnership with Serov working out (something I am unfortunately rather skeptical about...)
- Meissner growing in maturity. Ando growing in artistry. Asada growing in both of the above.
- Liang medaling at a GP.
GP - I want to see the american girls come to skate. No more one triple per competition. I hope Kimmie has improved her jumps and artistry, and makes the GP final. I also hope that Wagner makes a name for herself and make it to the finals also. I of course would love to see Caroline skate her best, but I have a feeling the judges will hold back the marks on her.
Nationals - I hope its a dog fight for those top 3 spots. I want to see great skating. I hope Kimmie retains her title. But she may have to fight for it.
Worlds - I hope B/ A have a wonderful skate and win the world title. I would also love to see Johnny & Kimmie win or at least medal.
Bona Fide Member
Elena G. to make the Grand Prix finals. (She would probably have to beat either Ando or Meissner at Skate America and either Ando or Kostner at Cup of Russia to do this.)
Alissa Czisny to have the two skates of her life at U.S. Nationals and win.
Rachael Flatt to make the podium at U.S. Nationals.
Caroline Kostner to medal at Worlds.
Thomas Verner to medal at Worlds.
Mao Asada to score 210 points at Worlds.
Fumie Suguri to win Japanese nationals.
Michelle Kwan to visit Iran and North Korea as a goodwill ambassador, and convince them to beat their nukes into plowshares and their ICBMs into pruning hooks.
I'd like to see Weir, Buttle ans Lysacek do well, especillay at World's.
I'd like V&M to improve their World standing. I'd also like to see Del&Shoe finally win that elusive medal, and B&A get back on form.
I'd like to see S&S win the World pairs title with good skates.
I'd like to see Rochette finally get some consistency, and have lots of clean skates.
Best case scenario? How about this? Miki, Mao and Yu-Na; the mighty Asian Armada. Elegant, beautiful, talanted, fit, eager and anxious to perform. They all go to Sweden next year and have the skates of their lives. They all skate with strength, power, grace, beauty and elegance. They feel their music, feel their programs, connect with the audience. They wow the judges, bring tears to our eyes, land triple axels, triple/triples and quads, and they all break 200.0 . When the dust settles, the three ice goddesses gaze up to the top step of the podium …………………. and see Katy’s smiling face !!!!
I wanna see Emily Hughes show just how much ta-da she really has and skate a clean long at Nationals to capture that title...
I wanna see Bebe work it out and finally capture the title or a medal and a trip to Worlds
I wanna see Kimmie skate like she loves it vs. skate like she's counting off elements in her head...
I wanna see one of the newbies make me sit up and take notice
I wanna see Johnny & Evan both skate perfect programs with clean quads and then see who wins...
I finally wanna see Nam &T capture the title
I don't really care who does what... I just want to get tv coverage without paying 20 bucks for the Ice Channel to watch a sporting event on a computer screen OR my husband to pony up and buy me that flatscreen that I can hook up to my laptop and watch it... otherwise, my viewership is gonna suck...
I want the skaters to simply be perfect, skate with heart and do the wist pump after their performances... I wanna see GREAT SKATING... the kind of skating that will send fans into tissies and result in virtual fights that last all throughout the off-season... I simply want to see & experience the passion again... is that too much to ask???
I want Bebe to finally go to Worlds.
Yea, that would be nice.
Originally Posted by oleada
Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program