Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bebe Liang update

Custom Title

Bebe Liang update

http://figureskatersonline.com/beatr...g/journal2.htm

Lori is amazing to work with. She’s so creative and fun, and she really helped me to get the concept of the program. It took four days of nonstop work to complete my long program. It was hard work, but I’m very excited about the end result. I can’t wait to compete with it.

Oh Bebe. I'm with you all the way. I do want to see you on that podium.

Joe

Banned

question

I don't mean to offend any Bebe fan. But I do feel she's a rather mediocre skater with no consistency, no major achievement.

May I ask why so many posters are drawn to her? Is it because of her skating? her personality? This is not a rhetorical question since I feel her skating is rather blah to my taste.

Why do you feel she is special?

I think it's a matter of taste. Not everyone likes broccoli, but I saute it with onions and garlic, then spice it up with red pepper flakes and put it on a crusty piece of Italian bread. Yummy, like Bebe, yummy.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by netnuts View Post
    May I ask why so many posters are drawn to her? Is it because of her skating? her personality?
    She seems so pucky and full of spirit. She is one of those people that every one who meets her comes away with a smile on his/her face, rooting for her to conquer the mountain, and wishing her all the best. Plus, everything we hear about her character and dedication off the ice puts people in her corner. She plays the piano really well. She is active in her church. I have never met anyone who didn't like her and hope for good things for her.

When Beatrisa burst onto the scene (quite a few years ago now, at the age of twelve or so), she was really quite the prodigy and skating fans wondered if they were looking at the next Michelle Kwan. So she has built up a following of fans who have grown up with her, so to speak. Although she hasn't quite reached the pinacle of success that everyone hoped for, year after year it seems like she's almost there, almost has that gold ring in her grasp -- oh, if only she hadn't fallen on that triple flip she would have made the podium!

As for her skating, she has a bouncy, energetic style (rather than a languid lyrical one) that is fun to watch, win or lose. She has given quite a few excellent short programs, which keep her many fans hoping that maybe the next competition will be the one where she holds it together and socks it to the competition.

Basically, she's just a sweetie-pie.
    Last edited by Mathman; 07-21-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I saw her at camp on monday.... a few little girls asked for her autograph and she seemed so genuilny surprised and gladly gave it to them... she is so cute in real life!!!

Custom Title
    I think a lot of us watched her grow up. She has gotten better every year but just can't make that big leap. It would be so nice if she could get her jumps consistent. I just hate the fact that she has been at Nationals so many times and has not made a world team.

Custom Title
    I think that is a fair question, netnuts.

I would just agree with what Joe and MM said (and I love your brocoli recipe, Joe).

I would just add that for me, one of the things I like about skating is the variety of styles - so, at any given point in time, I might have a favorite, or there might be a 'type' I like best - but I still enjoy seeing different types and styles. For me, Bebe has tremendous energy and charisma, I love watching her do well. I admit, I like her shorts better than longs becuase the former are more typically clean, and then I get nervous for her in the Long and often don't enjoy them as much - but overall, I like her a lot and would love to see her make it to the podium.

I dont' think BeBe is mediocre to me. She does everything so well. I don't see her weaknesses in her skating except for her nerves. She has good spins with good speed, good spirals, good jumps and good speed throughout. If you compare her with Miki Ando for example, the ony thing BeBe doesn't have and Miki does is a 3/3. Bebe has so much better spins with better speed, much better spirals and much more in betweens. I think she gets too nervous when competing. It's really frustrating sometimes because the talent is there.

Custom Title
    I have a feeling this is going to be a break through year for her.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I dont' think BeBe is mediocre to me. She does everything so well. I don't see her weaknesses in her skating except for her nerves. She has good spins with good speed, good spirals, good jumps and good speed throughout. If you compare her with Miki Ando for example, the ony thing BeBe doesn't have and Miki does is a 3/3. Bebe has so much better spins with better speed, much better spirals and much more in betweens. I think she gets too nervous when competing. It's really frustrating sometimes because the talent is there.
    But Bebe's line is terrible.

She does not have a long and lanky frame. She does not have great extension or fluid movements, and (like many skaters) she can always work on finishing off her positions and on pushing from her inner core outward.

Still, if she lands her jumps, she is quite capable of a podium finish at U.S. Nationals. (Quite a number of U.S. are in that position, actually).

Down With It
    ...but time and time again the same ladies falter and the same ladies successfully bring it on. Last year was a strange exception with Alyssa getting on the podium (but without Kwan or Cohen, SOMEONE else had to grab that third step).

Custom Title
    I love that she always competes with interesting, well choreographed programs to unique music. She's very musical, and always interprets the music well.

Miki Ando has a bad posture, always leaning forward..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast