Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows | Golden Skate

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

heyang

Record Breaker
I can't believe no one started a thread already.

I picked my copy up on Saturday afternoon. Started reading at 2PM and finished at 2am with breaks for dinner, shower and 2 lengthy phone calls. I pretty much barrelled through it because I had to finish before Sunday day. Had tickets for Sunday's Yankee game and did not want to overhear anyone talking about HP7. I did keep myself from peeking at the very end and will likely go back and read certain sections to make sure I understood the explanations completely.

Anyway, I thought JK Rowling really did a great job at explaining everything to date. Parts made me sad and others somewhat triumphant. Can't say much more because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Let me know the ending. I have never read any of the books....

enlight78

Medalist
I got my copy saturday around 12:30 a.m.(Waited in a Long Line). I just finish it this morning. I like it a lot. I was screaming, laughing, and crying.Definitly one of the best in the series. I never thought Rowling was going to close all the threads and subplots but she manage to do it. It is almost as if she wrote the last book first and was just waiting for the right time to put it out.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Per family tradition, I took my 13 year old daughter to the book release party at Borders bookstore, and we got our copy, which she took 2 days to read. (She finished at 6 a.m. this morning and she just gave it to me. I can't wait to get home and read it!) She said it's the best of the series :clap: and won't divulge a single juicy thing to me. :cool:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Finished it at 5 am this morning (couldn't read over the weekend due to house guests). Generally better than I expected, though some things seemed a bit sloppy.

nubka

Final Flight
I cheated and read some major on-line spoilers two days before the book was released...

I now have the book and am taking my time with it. So far, I'ts really great!

Rachael

On the Ice
I've been reading it since Saturday afternoon. I'm almost finished. It is probably the best of the series.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Finished today about three hours ago. To me, the best in the series. I loved the way every scene/place that was mentioned in the first 6 books was included in number 7 as were most of the characters throughout the series. Loved the epilogue as well..............am now in "Potter Withdrawal" however.....:cool: 42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Now that I'm reading it, my daughter keeps asking me, "So what part are you up to NOW?" It's so cute. I just love the fact that the international hysteria is over a BOOK! That has been part the of the excitement for me at each of the midnight book releases at bookstores. :clap:

Don't you wonder what J.K. Rowling could possibly do for an encore? :bow: I mean, if she writes in the same genre, whatever she writes will be compared to the HP series. If she writes a different genre, people will say, "She should have stuck to fantasy." And she's only 42!

heyang

Record Breaker
My co-worker sent me a link to an article where Ms Rowling says she will eventually write an 'encyclopedia' on HP with back stories, etc.

Here it is... http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19935372/

I would have liked to known a bit more about the intervening 19 years and what our favorite characters did after leaving Hogwarts. I always pictured Harry as being Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and eventually headmaster.

Anyway, there's certainly plenty of stories to be told - prequel, other talels of Hogwarts and post Hogwarts. I doubt they will cause as much mania as the series and unless it's another series, I don't see movies for the big screen.

Also, a Harry Potter amusement park is being built in Florida. It seems as though it will likely open when the 7th movie is released.

Both JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliff have made fortunes from HP, but they both seem pretty down to earth about their good fortunes.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
A Cry for Help

I have friend who calls HP ubers "pott-heads" and I can officially admit to firmly being in the throws of Harry withdrawl...

I purchased the book saturday at 12:34 a.m. (per my receipt), got home, made coffee, and started reading at 1:15 a.m. - fininshed at 9:30 a.m. Took a nap. Called a friend who bought her book at same release party. Over anlayzed it to death. Called my son who is in Arizona visiting my mom to tell him who dies, who wins (his order of what's important... he's ten) and the funny parts. Made dinner and began to re-read it.... Now, I'm re-reading the entire series, having finished book three last night.

If there is a 12-step program for people like me, please send me the information - because I passed rock bottom four days ago...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Both JK Rowling and Daniel Radcliff have made fortunes from HP, but they both seem pretty down to earth about their good fortunes.
If there is a person who really deserves it, Rowling is definitely it.