Huge Oil Spill in Burnaby, BC-What a Mess! | Golden Skate

Huge Oil Spill in Burnaby, BC-What a Mess!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Today a pipeline accidentally burst in Burnaby - part of Vancouver area - and caused a huge spill into Burrard Inlet. Some people had to be evacuated from their homes. What a horrific ordeal for people. And not to mention the expense for the company that caused it to clean it up!! Hopefully wildlife won't suffer.

Here is information on the spill:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...24/oilspill_bc_070724/20070724?hub=TopStories

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
This will no doubt affect our issues with oil up here... we have so many anti-oil groups as it is lol

here's hoping your group does better than Exxon in Valdez... they haven't paid the money back that they were supposed to, and our dimwit younger Senator Murkowski basically said that they've paid enough and we don't need the rest (I am sad to say I did vote for her, but apparently she is an actual politician and makes promises she doesnt and didn't intend to keep. the wimp)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Yes, so far everyone is "passing the buck" and no one wants to own up to "done it." The pipeline originates in Edmonton. We British Columbians only have two oil refinery plants in the whole of BC as compared to our oil rich Albertan neighbours. Suppossedly this is why we pay more for gas for our cars!!! Anyway, I feel sorry for the folks whose homes and property are damaged.
Thanks for the reply.