What is it with Lindsay Lohan. | Golden Skate

What is it with Lindsay Lohan.

heyang

Record Breaker
The family has had problems. Mom & Dad have been in a custody battle over the younger sibs. Dad was convicted of securities fraud.

It's sad that such talent has taken this diversion. Hopefully, she will realize that she needs to put herself back together. She's the only one who can decide to do it - no one can force her to fully commit.

On the radio this AM, the DJ's spoke of a conversation they had with Daniel Baldwin. He was in and out of rehab 10 times in 6 years. He admitted that he did it just to stay insurable for work. He hid is crack pipe in the bushes and went to it as soon as he finished 'treatment'.

Based upon man on the street interviews, the general public has given her 3 strikes and Hollywood may soon follow. Perhaps this will be the wake up call she needs.

Frankly I'm tired of the exploits of Paris, Brittany and Lindsay. There are many more talented and hardworking people who deserve the attention more.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I agree that the over exposure is more annoying than the actual celebs lol

that being said, Lindsay denies she has a problem... so she's not going to change any time soon.

blaming mommy and daddy only goes so far, I know a lot of kids her age who have crappy home lives and they're moving on.

Do I think mommy and daddy suck at parenthood. darn straight. Neither should have custody of the younger kids... 'mom' forgot that the word mom did not mean best friend and enabler. She can pretend she didn't know about her daughter's problems but she was RIGHT THERE in the CLUBS. If anyone is most to blame...

Dina said a few weeks ago that Lindsay didn't have any trustworthy friends- I guess she was referring to herself.

I really hope that she doesn't get the star treatment so many in hollywood have and she does get a very strong punishment out of this.

as for Dan Baldwin, the guy is an arrogant jerk and I don't think he's truly changed. he's just using this opportunity to get back in the spotlight. It's funny the youngest brother- whom has been the brunt of jokes for decades - is really the only one of th eBaldwins who seems to have his act together these days.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
What is it with any of these people? Living a privileged life is not all it is cracked up to be (no pun intended).

I get sick of hearing about the wayward children, too. Why can't we hear more about the celebrities that are doing good for charities or something more positive.

I think, chances are, Lindsay would've been having these troubles whether she was a star or not. Seems from what I hear, her parents don't parent her.

These stars that are in constant trouble with the law, treat 'em like the rest of the people. Put them away. Except since they are rich, make them pay for their cost of being in jail/prison/juvenile detention. Stop slapping them on the wrist and sending them home.

As in any walk of life, kids have a better chance of turning out respectable and productive if they have a good family unit behind them.

heyang

Record Breaker
As in any walk of life, kids have a better chance of turning out respectable and productive if they have a good family unit behind them.

Yes, I'd like to hear more about the kids who thrive despite their upbringings. That's why I am supporter of the Orphan Foundation of America. These kids have had much crappier starts in life and are working their way through college and many will go into fields to help other kids like themselves.

I'm not holding my breath for the 3 of these girls to get their act together. Paris seems to have pretty much totally forgotten everything she said on Larry King when she got out of jail. Rehabs been a joke for Brittany and Lindsay.

BTW, I recall when Lionel and Nicole Richie were on Oprah together. Lionel's had his own problems with drugs. He recalled that he asked 'Why you?' when Nicole told him that she and Paris were going to be the stars of a reality show. So, not all star parents are oblivious.

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I think Lindsay needs to take up figure skating. She has the money, and that will surely keep her out of trouble. :biggrin:

sillylionlove

Medalist
Waht is with Lindsay Lohen?

The answer is simple...she is an addict who refuses or denies to acknowlege that she has a problem!!

YIKES...is that my social worker side coming out or what? (Yes I am a social worker by the way)

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Lohan?

Waht is with Lindsay Lohen?

The answer is simple...she is an addict who refuses or denies to acknowlege that she has a problem!!

YIKES...is that my social worker side coming out or what? (Yes I am a social worker by the way)

Sillylionlove - Spot on I'd say!

I bet you have worked with many an addict or alchoholic - so have I. What separates Lindsey from a drunk on the street is ..... money and fame. There is no difference.

Rehab is just a phase to "dry out" from the binge drinking. When someone comes out of rehab, they are preparing to really tackle the addiction by the way they live --- from Day to Day. Anyone ever heard that phrase before?

I don't know why people are so surprised that someone coming out of a 13 day rehab cannot kick a multi-year habit and addiction.

I would not wish alchoholism on my worst enemy! Seriously - its the WORST.

She should not be on the street driving drunk - that really is the bottom line. Sending her to Betty Ford for a quick "do" is not like going to get your abs lipoed.... 2 weeks and some pills and you're fine. Its going to take a long period to get her on track. What she doesn't need is to continue working as a cash cow for the studios pumping out crap no one wants to see. The system will bleed her dry and leave her to the side of the road. Hello Marilyn?!

Anyways, that's my take.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Well if she was really serious about her sobriety she would not have went to Vegas to party the day after getting out of rehab. She would also not have had to wear that stupid ankle braclet to prove that she was staying sober while out partying. She should not have been out partying in the first place.

And she probably is only going to rehab to say to some judge...please don't put me in jail..I went to rehab.....I am trying. Marilyn Monroe? I was thinking more like Robert Downey Junior. It took him about 9 times in rehab and some time in jail to get sober.

heyang

Record Breaker
Well if she was really serious about her sobriety she would not have went to Vegas to party the day after getting out of rehab. She would also not have had to wear that stupid ankle braclet to prove that she was staying sober while out partying. She should not have been out partying in the first place.

And she probably is only going to rehab to say to some judge...please don't put me in jail..I went to rehab.....I am trying. Marilyn Monroe? I was thinking more like Robert Downey Junior. It took him about 9 times in rehab and some time in jail to get sober.

I think she was also trying to show the studios that she's trying to get her act together - otherwise, they won't hire because they won't be able to get insurance for the production.

I heard the ankle bracelet was voluntary. Also, it only monitors alcohol - not other drugs. The 'results' weren't even going to her doctors or police.

There are rumors that Paris's grandfather is fed up and has cut her out of his will. It is doubtful since there have also been 'rumors' that report that the 1st rumor is untrue.