Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Sasha to headline Stars on Ice

Custom Title

Sasha to headline Stars on Ice

Just announced

http://www.starsonice.com/apps/conte...d=581&zoneid=1

Not sure what that means for her eligible career.

Banned
    I think it means she is trying to stay in shape for the 2008-2009 competitive season.

And make money.

Thanks! I'm very glad to know that Sasha will be skating full time for the 2007/08 SOI tour.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    well.... I never really heard of any Stars on Ice skater who went back to competeive skating. I hope that sasha will be an exception. I still dream of her return.

Moving Forward
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
    Just announced

http://www.starsonice.com/apps/conte...d=581&zoneid=1

Not sure what that means for her eligible career.
    My guess would be that it probably ends it, much the same way it ends purchasing multiple SOI tickets for me.

Down With It
    Will she still do the COI tour as well? Can she?

OT -- Speaking of Smucker's Stars on Ice, I read that the Madison Avenue icon Lois Wyse, who came up with the slogan, "With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good!" died earlier this month at age 80.

I can picture her sitting up working on the account in the wee hours of the night, rejecting one Limerick after another, until finally she hit on that stroke of genius.

Ms. Wyse was a pioneer for women in the advertising business. She also scored big when an unknown company named "Bed and Bath" hired her to do their advertising. She changed the name to "Bed, Bath...and Beyond" -- and the rest is history.

Sasha is a perfect fit for SOI. Good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    OT -- Speaking of Smucker's Stars on Ice, I read that the Madison Avenue icon Lois Wyse, who came up with the slogan, "With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good!" died earlier this month at age 80.

I can picture her sitting up working on the account in the wee hours of the night, rejecting one Limerick after another, until finally she hit on that stroke of genius.

Ms. Wyse was a pioneer for women in the advertising business. She also scored big when an unknown company named "Bed and Bath" hired her to do their advertising. She changed the name to "Bed, Bath...and Beyond" -- and the rest is history.

Sasha is a perfect fit for SOI. Good for her.
    Thanks for the mini history lesson regarding Lois Wyse. I agree Sasha is a perfect fit for SOI.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Will she still do the COI tour as well? Can she?

COI is in usually in the summer, SOI is in the winter. She could do them both if she chosses, but COI is for skaters who are currently competing isn't it?

Woo Hoo!!! I think she'll be great in SOI rather than jumbled in with everyone else on COI. Now, I enjoy COI, but my heart is with SOI!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    COI is in usually in the summer, SOI is in the winter. She could do them both if she chosses, but COI is for skaters who are currently competing isn't it?
    COI has a good portion of skaters who are not currently competing -- Shizuka Arakawa; Victor Petrenko; and Rudy Galindo are only a few. The only issue is whether SOI put an "exclusivity" clause in her contract. Since Sasha has mentioned wanting to return for a run at Vancouver Olys (and staying in the good graces of the USFS by doing cheesefests) and since it is only a one year contract (which would permit such a return if she so desired) I would doubt that she accepted such a clause.

Keeper of Bab's Death Stare... nubka's Avatar

Thumbs up

What great news! I hope SOI comes to Salt Lake City (but I'm not holding my breath...) I hope Sasha will be in good shape and hopefully doing a bit more jumping.

This is really good news for Sasha. I think it must let her know that acting should be put aside while she garners some well deserved praise for her skating abilities. Her SPs have always been stunning as well as her short show skates.

Big Question: Do you think she has the temperment to work in ensemble numbers?

And Yes, it will keep her in shape, and yes I believe she will want to be in LaLa Land for the Worlds in 2009. I presume she will still be eligible.

(btw, Bratz is opening up soon in NYC. Hasn't she got a cameo in this?)

Joe

Custom Title
    This is what SOI has been waiting for a long time - to sign Sasha Cohen.

She is just one of the shots in the arm that tour needs. Plus, she is so flexible it will probably be amazing what she'll be able to do in the group numbers - I would imagine something quite unique.

I still think there's a chance Sasha will come back and compete the Vancouver season - I think we'll see lots of surprises that season.

Will Jamie and David be touring with SOI US this year? I can't remember when baby is due.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast