Kimmie Meissner Organizes Skating Competition | Golden Skate

Kimmie Meissner Organizes Skating Competition

R.D.

Record Breaker
http://wjz.com/local/local_story_228144333.html

Includes video

Not a real competition, of course, but...you know these media outlets

World and U.S. Champion, Kimmie Meissner is spending a hot August day on a clean sheet. She's perfecting what she'll show the judges this year.

On her wrist, she wears a red Cool Kids bracelet. It's the cancer charity she donates her efforts to.

And though she's visited kids, lent her name, edited a newspaper and more, it was time to start with a clean sheet again. To change her routine she decided to organize a skating exhibition.

"It's called Kimmie's Angels on ice and it benefits the Cool Kids pediatric oncology patients," said Meissner.

Kimmie is working on a jump that most people would consider impossible. It's one of the hardest jumps, but she tries over and over again. But when she hits a jump like this in competition it puts her in such an elite company, that her competitors become friends, friends she can ask for favors from.

"This is neat because, I watch these skaters on TV too and it's kinda neat just to be friends with them and know the other side of them, other just skating," said Meissner.

doh

Rinkside
Triple Triple

Don't forget to watch the video to the right where Kimmie lands a triple flip+triple loop combination right around 1:06 into the video!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Kimmie's "Angels on Ice" is a show, Any word of competition is news to me. I think the author of the article made a mistake here in calling it a "competition." Maybe we'll get to see some of the eligilble skaters' new competitive programs, but as exhibition performances (I don't know if this show will be televised).

Last edited:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the link. Kimmie looks to be in great shape. Impressive 3flip/3loop.

feraina

Record Breaker
Wow, that local channel really loves Kimmie. They've done so many video stories on her!

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
glad to see her working on that combo! Looks like Bebe isn't the only one trying it!! 2008 nationals should be a triple triple fest.

Not to burst any bubbles but it looked cheated to me. :frown:
Much too early for a fan to worry about that.

There are 4 posiitions which one can see the landing of a jump. The camera angle from the skater's front of the landing; the camera from the back of the landing and one each from either side of the landing. Best way to tell if a jump is underrotated is when the camera catches the landing from the back of the skater. It is quite clear to see the perfect landing, even the excused 15 degree from perfect. (Same thing when one is watching LIVE)

When I watched Emily land her 3x3s I saw the side view of the landing and they appeared fine.

Joe

Snowgirl

On the Ice
The event, which features skaters Yuka Sato, Johnny Weir, Michael Weiss and Evan Lysacek, along with pairs team Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto, is Saturday night at 7 at 1st Mariner Arena

Tanit and Ben are officially a pair team since cheesecake interview? :)

goldenskates

Rinkside
Much too early for a fan to worry about that.

There are 4 posiitions which one can see the landing of a jump. The camera angle from the skater's front of the landing; the camera from the back of the landing and one each from either side of the landing. Best way to tell if a jump is underrotated is when the camera catches the landing from the back of the skater. It is quite clear to see the perfect landing, even the excused 15 degree from perfect. (Same thing when one is watching LIVE)

When I watched Emily land her 3x3s I saw the side view of the landing and they appeared fine.

Joe

Are there any clicks of Emily's 3x3's? I would love to see them.

Thanks