Vancouver, BC - voted No. One - again!! | Golden Skate

Vancouver, BC - voted No. One - again!!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I can see this -- if I could live anywhere in the world, it would be in Vancouver. I'm sure it has its drawbacks (like just about anyplace does if you look hard enough), but I absolutely love it up there.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
We've only been to Vancouver once (the summer we traveled to the Canadian Rockies). We loved our visit to Vancouver, and we'd love to go back there some day. As East Coasters, we've been to Toronto many, many times (since we are within driving distance), and love it to pieces (so much to do there). :clap:

Lad, can I be an "honorary" Canadian? :bow: We've also visited Victoria, Banff, Jasper, Montreal, Quebec City, Ottawa, Georgian Bay, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Halifax & Cape Breton Island (gorgeous Cabot Trail) &, P.E.I. We like a number of Canadian musical artists and lots of our favorite figure skaters are Canadian, too! ;)

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I can see this -- if I could live anywhere in the world, it would be in Vancouver. I'm sure it has its drawbacks (like just about anyplace does if you look hard enough), but I absolutely love it up there.

Yes, it does have drawbacks - steady rain for one thing! Drives most people away. The Albertans scoff at our weather. Hey, at least we don't have to keep shoveling our way out of it all winter as they do. We complain about our high prices and horrible gridlock, but most of us would not live anywhere else.

Thanks.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Personally, I love rain so this would be no big deal for me. (One of the things I hated most about San Diego was that constant stream of sunny weather, which I realize most people would love, but I personally found it OBNOXIOUS.). I do remember, tho, that every time I've been up in Vancouver, I have to change clothes a lot because I end up experiencing about 5 different climate zones/weather changes before the day is over!! :laugh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Personally, I love rain so this would be no big deal for me. (One of the things I hated most about San Diego was that constant stream of sunny weather, which I realize most people would love, but I personally found it OBNOXIOUS.). I do remember, tho, that every time I've been up in Vancouver, I have to change clothes a lot because I end up experiencing about 5 different climate zones/weather changes before the day is over!! :laugh:

So true!! And our weatherman - I mean "people" often can't predict our weather because it can turn beautiful and sunny at any given time. I was also thinking today really the rain is a benefit not only to the gardens and trees, but to us. Our air pollution problem would be worse if not for the rain. It cleanses the air. It smelled so fresh and clean today after it rained. I guess we should not really complain. The umbrella store owners are happy!!

:)