Ice Network | Golden Skate

Ice Network

Thanks JW. It does look impressive. I am a subscriber and didn't get this notice.

Anyway, it does list US Nats. How much? is anyone's guess. It's good for me because I wont have to tape it. I presume the best of the US Nats will also be free on NBC or is it ABC? Ice NetWork could show the SPs. That would be worth it.

Except for the Jr. GPs, there is no mention of international competitions.

I watched Regionals and Sectionals last year, and if you love figure skating beyond your favorites, they are fun to watch.

Joe

just wondering

On the Ice
Thanks JW. It does look impressive. I am a subscriber and didn't get this notice.

Anyway, it does list US Nats. How much? is anyone's guess. It's good for me because I wont have to tape it. I presume the best of the US Nats will also be free on NBC or is it ABC? Ice NetWork could show the SPs. That would be worth it.

Except for the Jr. GPs, there is no mention of international competitions.

I watched Regionals and Sectionals last year, and if you love figure skating beyond your favorites, they are fun to watch.

Joe

Yes, I enjoy skating at (almost) all levels and particularly enjoyed watching the various Regionals and Sectionals.

I'm a subscriber as well and did not receive a notice either; perhaps they are forthcoming. I only found it because I wandered over to see if they had any updates on JGP coverage and was pleasantly surprised to see the new format.

Subscription appears to $30, which seem quite reasonable. I imagine skating content debates will even be stronger here at GS, once we can review on demand coverage in better-than-youtube quality. ;)

Sadly, I think you are right regarding the limited international coverage, though I am please with the scope of the National coverage. Am trying to think what could be missing, domestically? Live feed from training centers would be fun :yes:

If done properly, Ice Network could become our internet version of the Golf Channel. More coverage than one wants or needs :) But, of course, figure skating could use a dose of media over exposure, right??;)

JW

JW - $30 bucks seems ok, depending on what they show. One flaw is that if you want to take another look at the 9th contestant a week later, you have to watch the previous 8 to get there. I would like to see that improvement.

As far as I know, only competitions in the US are shown (Skate America and JGP Lake Placid).

I'm sure some newscast is feeding them tapes. I doubt the company can afford a complete technical crew. We will have some showing of GPs on ESPN this season, but no word about next season, and I think for this season, L.Placid will be the only JGP.

Just gotta keep the faith.

Joe