Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New IFS Magazine

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico

New IFS Magazine

Got my new IFS magazine in the mail today. The cover is Brian Joubert and for those of you that really like him....he is photographed many times in the article with his shirt open!!

Also have arcticles about the upcoming Grand Prix and Dorothy Hamill's new book. There is also an interview with Johnny Wier.

when was the last time he had an article/magazine interview done where he wasn't either shirtless or getting that way in the photos? seriously, it's getting old...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    when was the last time he had an article/magazine interview done where he wasn't either shirtless or getting that way in the photos? seriously, it's getting old...
    I wonder if it is a cultural thing with certain French skaters, since the only two I can think of who do it so frequently are Brian and Candeloro. If going shirtless was in vogue for any skater who had the build to warrant it, then there would be more of Yagudin, Lambiel, Gwendal, Peter T, John Z ....
    Last edited by attyfan; 08-30-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Custom Title
    In no interview that he has done in Courchevel it was shirtless
    And in some interview in Russian magazines neither, perhaps the American photographers are more bold and they ask things to him him for being French (they know that it is difficult that he says that not)
    Last edited by calica; 08-30-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Custom Title
    Is Johnny's interview the same he gave to K. Bangs in June about his coach change? Or something new?

Custom Title
    I have no problem with shirtless photos of Joubert!

I've seen several French photo shoots where he has barely anything on... "back when" he was first becoming the "star"

as for American photographers - so many of those that shoot skating do the same thing over and over for each skater... it gets tiresome...

and add Evan Lysacek to the list of skaters who's gone shirtless (or rather had his shirt all the way open.) as well as Tim Goebel and Alexei Yagudin...

personally the whole shirtless thing is pretty tiresome.

The Americn public regards figure skating as a little girl sport. Maybe some sports photographers would like to make it a more masculine sport and feature top male skaters as bodybuilders (like Arnold).

Joe

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    The Americn public regards figure skating as a little girl sport. Maybe some sports photographers would like to make it a more masculine sport and feature top male skaters as bodybuilders (like Arnold).

Joe
    So, which skater/body builder do you think will run for governor of California? (Does Michelle qualify as a "bodybuilder"?)

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowgirl View Post
    Is Johnny's interview the same he gave to K. Bangs in June about his coach change? Or something new?
    I don't know I didn't read it. I just skimmed through the magazine during my lunch hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post

Joe
    thing is, most of the photographers that are shooting these promotional shots of the skaters are NOT sports photogs... they're either random or celebrity photogs...

or skating specific photogs...

I'm not saying they shouldn't entirely... it's just getting to be overly repetitive and predictable. Even portrait photography should be artistic and above all unique... when it gets to be cookie cutter it gets annoying...

sorry just a photography rant on my part...

Custom Title
    I just want to say for the record, LOL, that I have never photographed Brian Joubert shirtless...that I recall.

I already pre-ordered Dorothy's book--I squealed a little when I saw the listing. I hope it's interesting. I bought her first one at bag day at the library sale and it is a good read.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanzibar View Post
    I just want to say for the record, LOL, that I have never photographed Brian Joubert shirtless...that I recall.

Then please keep that record! His body is highly overrated anyway.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    Got my new IFS magazine in the mail today. The cover is Brian Joubert and for those of you that really like him....he is photographed many times in the article with his shirt open!!
    I suppose quite a few skaters have been photographed with their shirts open.

http://www.michellekwansite.com/gall...F_MKwan012.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast