New IFS Magazine | Golden Skate

New IFS Magazine

sillylionlove

Medalist
Got my new IFS magazine in the mail today. The cover is Brian Joubert and for those of you that really like him....he is photographed many times in the article with his shirt open!!

Also have arcticles about the upcoming Grand Prix and Dorothy Hamill's new book. There is also an interview with Johnny Wier.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
when was the last time he had an article/magazine interview done where he wasn't either shirtless or getting that way in the photos? seriously, it's getting old...

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
when was the last time he had an article/magazine interview done where he wasn't either shirtless or getting that way in the photos? seriously, it's getting old...

I wonder if it is a cultural thing with certain French skaters, since the only two I can think of who do it so frequently are Brian and Candeloro. If going shirtless was in vogue for any skater who had the build to warrant it, then there would be more of Yagudin, Lambiel, Gwendal, Peter T, John Z ....

Last edited:

calica

Final Flight
In no interview that he has done in Courchevel it was shirtless ;)
And in some interview in Russian magazines neither, perhaps the American photographers are more bold and they ask things to him him for being French (they know that it is difficult that he says that not) :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Snowgirl

On the Ice
Is Johnny's interview the same he gave to K. Bangs in June about his coach change? Or something new?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I've seen several French photo shoots where he has barely anything on... "back when" he was first becoming the "star"

as for American photographers - so many of those that shoot skating do the same thing over and over for each skater... it gets tiresome...

and add Evan Lysacek to the list of skaters who's gone shirtless (or rather had his shirt all the way open.) as well as Tim Goebel and Alexei Yagudin...

personally the whole shirtless thing is pretty tiresome.

The Americn public regards figure skating as a little girl sport. Maybe some sports photographers would like to make it a more masculine sport and feature top male skaters as bodybuilders (like Arnold).

Joe

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
The Americn public regards figure skating as a little girl sport. Maybe some sports photographers would like to make it a more masculine sport and feature top male skaters as bodybuilders (like Arnold).

Joe

So, which skater/body builder do you think will run for governor of California? (Does Michelle qualify as a "bodybuilder"?)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker

Joe

thing is, most of the photographers that are shooting these promotional shots of the skaters are NOT sports photogs... they're either random or celebrity photogs...

or skating specific photogs...

I'm not saying they shouldn't entirely... it's just getting to be overly repetitive and predictable. Even portrait photography should be artistic and above all unique... when it gets to be cookie cutter it gets annoying...

sorry just a photography rant on my part...

Zanzibar

Final Flight
I just want to say for the record, LOL, that I have never photographed Brian Joubert shirtless...that I recall. :laugh:

76olympics

On the Ice
I already pre-ordered Dorothy's book--I squealed a little when I saw the listing. I hope it's interesting. I bought her first one at bag day at the library sale and it is a good read.:)

sillylionlove

Medalist
Personally I am not a far and if I never had to see him with his shirt off again I would be happy!! I really don't think he is that good looking. (I think I have been watching too much tennis lately....some of them I would like to see without their shirt on.)