K&S quad salchow O&S quad twist V&B | Golden Skate

K&S quad salchow O&S quad twist V&B

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Smirnov looks very Joubert-like.

Vorobieva was sparkling in the footwork, and Blanchard has a nice dance quality.

It's time to change the discipline from Pairs to Vaudeville Acts. Can't wait for the next 'Wonder of the World - a Throw Quint whatever"

Joe

Mafke

Medalist
It's time to change the discipline from Pairs to Vaudeville Acts.

I seem to remember last year the second Russian Dance team did a circus acrobatic/contortionist act instead of a Tango for their OD. Audiences seemed to enjoy it, so I suppose we'll see more of that in the future.

I seem to remember last year the second Russian Dance team did a circus acrobatic/contortionist act instead of a Tango for their OD. Audiences seemed to enjoy it, so I suppose we'll see more of that in the future.
Not unusual for younger audiences to be taken in by the WOW moves. Who cares if a Tango is not a Tango but a circus act? Wait till that young crowd hits 30 and suddenly they will be bored with it. But by that time a new batch of youn-uns will be around for the WOW moves. Figure skating does remain a child's sport in most cases.

Joe

I think it shares that feature with all sports. Sports are played by youngsters and watched by fans who remember being young. Go Detroit Lions! :yes:
I don't know about the Tigers but if you went to Shea you would see more adults at the night games and most at the day too. Dads will take the sons there. Talk about sports the next day is big with fans at work. No one talks about figure skating at work.

'Senior' Days in Baseball, Golf, Tennis will bring on the crowds.

Joe