Who is your favorate Asian lady figure skater? | Golden Skate

Who is your favorate Asian lady figure skater?

Who is you favorate Asian lady figure skater?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lyton

Rinkside
Sorry, I post three same topics.
Finally it's like I have posted the topic than I want.
I hope someone would delete the other two same topics that I posted just couple minutes ago.
Thank you.

Last edited:

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Okay, i cheated. I chose other b/c Kwan is my favorite and she is asian. However, if they have to actually be living there or from there, then I'd say Shiz.

jennylovskt

Medalist
Okay, i cheated. I chose other b/c Kwan is my favorite and she is asian. However, if they have to actually be living there or from there, then I'd say Shiz.

I agree that Michelle Kwan was the best. But I never thought about including her, so I chose Shizuka Arakawa.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland

I would consider Kwan being a US skater and representing USA and not any Asian country... Arakawa gets my vote, with Kim and Asada being very close behind.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Fumie Suguri would have been my first choice. So many good ones it is hard to pick just one.

1. Fumie Suguri.
2. Lu Chen.
3. Mao Asada,
4. Midori Ito,
5. Yuka Sato
6. Shizuka Arakawa
7. Mikiti Ando

sorcerer

Final Flight
For Japanese fans, absence of Miki, Yukari, and Yukina in the choice is a bit disappointing.
Yukina is VERY popular among FS enthusiasts.

BelleFilleYuna

On the Ice
As a biased fan of Yuna:p, Yuna comes first, no doubt.
But I realize I like something from every skaters on the list.

OK. I'll go for Yuna, Arakawa, Lulu, Ito.....
(What's the use when I'm voting almost for everyone!!:biggrin:)

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
I voted for Yu Chen. I loved her back in the day. But I also like Sato and the asian girls that are skating now. They are a hard bunch to beat.

No, I don't think so.

However, it is becoming more and more politically correct to be politically incorrect.

To me, it's easy. Call people what they prefer to be called. Why not?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Call people what they prefer to be called. Why not?
:agree:

I will have a hard time to call people "Oriental" because I learn that as being "things from" the Orient. The people I either new as Asians or Chinese, Japanese, etc......... And they were never bothered regardless - that I've known or currently know.
...eta, one person does come to mind that insisted on being called "Asian." IOW she would have considered it an insult to be called "Oriental.".

btw - FF I like your list!!!!!!!:love:

Last edited:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
Here is the problem. Where is Asia? Evgeni Plushenko was born in Solnechny, which is in Khabarovsk Krai. This is in the far eastern part of Russia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khabarovsk_Krai

This is clearly in Asia, and is in fact farther east than any point in China. So is Evgeni Asian? It appears he is, yet he won the European Championship How do we distinguish what we normally consider the Asian race from the Asian location? :scratch:

kandidy

Final Flight
I will vote for Yuna.
Also after I went to World 2007 in Tokyo, I fell in love with Miki Ando's jumps. They were so strong and high in the air.