icenetwork.com - questions | Golden Skate

icenetwork.com - questions

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I'm a bit behind - sorry but what's with the USFSA site directing people to icenetwork.com? Is this USFSA's site as well, but under a new name? I'm a bit confused as to what USFSA.org is for and what the other site is for. Thoughts?

sk8addict

On the Ice
Greetings, usfsa is for information on US skaters. IceNetwork is for watching skating live or on video.

gsrossano

Final Flight
The plan is to eventually move all news, results, videos, fan stuff, etc. to IceNetwork and have usfsa.org for association news, business and member use.

Kypma

Final Flight
The plan is to eventually move all news, results, videos, fan stuff, etc. to IceNetwork and have usfsa.org for association news, business and member use.

But then we would have to subscribe (=pay) to get access to such things as photos, results, and news? I'm not really willing to pay the price... for videos, I'm fine with their charging (I don't want videos, I don't pay, but I understand that they should made some benefit from having people videotape performances), but I'm reluctant as to the rest...

Kypma

gsrossano

Final Flight
I think the plan is that some things would be free (like news photos, etc.) and others would be by subscription (competition broadcasts and videos, etc.). At least that's what I remember being discussed at the last Governing Council meeting.