New GS Virtue and Moir article/Q&A is out | Golden Skate

New GS Virtue and Moir article/Q&A is out

npa

Match Penalty
Thank you a lot! Really greate article. Very fun to read - they are amazing :biggrin:

sillylionlove

Medalist
That was a great interveiw. I have to admit that I didn't know much about this team before but after this interview I do!!

Thanks Paula. The answers to those questions (most being very pertinent) are free of bias and right on!

Is there something in that Quebecan water? I can't help but wonder how much innovation comes with it in the form of the Duchesnays (ok they skated for France but they were Canadians), Dubreuil/Lauzon, and now Virtue and Moir. I agree with Larry, this team may be the spoiler in Vancouver.

Joe

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
Thanks Paula. The answers to those questions (most being very pertinent) are free of bias and right on!

Is there something in that Quebecan water? I can't help but wonder how much innovation comes with it in the form of the Duchesnays (ok they skated for France but they were Canadians), Dubreuil/Lauzon, and now Virtue and Moir. I agree with Larry, this team may be the spoiler in Vancouver.

Joe

but I thought Tessa and Scott were from Ontario...Esp. Scott... he's decidedly not French!

but I thought Tessa and Scott were from Ontario...Esp. Scott... he's decidedly not French!
I wasn't thinking nationality, and oops. Just the province. I thought they trained in Quebec. Disregard my query on the Quebec waters but not how lovely they skate together from wherever. :love:

Joe

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
I wasn't thinking nationality, and oops. Just the province. I thought they trained in Quebec. Disregard my query on the Quebec waters but not how lovely they skate together from wherever. :love:

Joe

Oh and when I said Scott's decidedly not French I meant his personality, too, not his nationality. I had a hearty belly laugh when I read his referring to Charlie White and Patrice Lauzon as "Chucky" and "Patch"lol!

Cassie (I'm more Cassie than Cheetah. :)Those were the names of two dear pups I knew and will never forget).

Kypma

Final Flight
Oh and when I said Scott's decidedly not French I meant his personality, too, not his nationality. I had a hearty belly laugh when I read his referring to Charlie White and Patrice Lauzon as "Chucky" and "Patch"lol!

Cassie (I'm more Cassie than Cheetah. :)Those were the names of two dear pups I knew and will never forget).

Actually, Marie-France herself calls Patrice 'Patch'...

Kypma

What I want to know is, does Meryl call Charlie "Chucky"? :biggrin: If so, that would be hilarious!
:rofl: I don't know about Meryl, but I just Googled "Chucky White" ice dancing, "Chucky White" Meryl Davis, and a bunch of other combinations. Not a single hit. (I didn't count lists of movies that go "Chucky, White Chicks,...")

I bet it's some kind of joke between Scott and Charlie. Charlie probably calls Scott, "Scootie." :laugh:

BTW, I am totally in love with the name "Tessa Virtue." It sounds like "Tess Trueheart", Dick Tracy's girlfriend. Or "Pearl Pureheart", Mighty Mouse's girlfriend. :rock:

Last edited:

cassieandcheetah

On the Ice
:rofl: I don't know about Meryl, but I just Googled "Chucky White" ice dancing, "Chucky White" Meryl Davis, and a bunch of other combinations. Not a single hit. (I didn't count lists of movies that go "Chucky, White Chicks,...")

I bet it's some kind of joke between Scott and Charlie. Charlie probably calls Scott, "Scootie." :laugh:

BTW, I am totally in love with the name "Tessa Virtue." It sounds like "Tess Trueheart", Dick Tracy's girlfriend. Or "Pearl Pureheart", Mighty Mouse's girlfriend. :rock:

Yes I was amazed by how articulate she was, too. She seems to be quite an intelligent, hard-working young lady! And I understand how one could think they were from quebec because their names sound a bit French. I think half the time at competitions the announcers pronounced Scott's name the French way (like "MoWar" instead of the correct prononciation, which should be more like "Moier." It used to drive me nuts, but now that they're famous people should be able to get his name right! :)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for this article. My husband will be thrilled to learn that Virtue and Moir will be using the Umbrellas of Cherbourg for their free dance. He always wanted Kurt and Josie to skate to the music. It's going to be great. I loved the article. Looking forward to their new programs.

jennylovskt

Medalist
And that relates to their SKATING exactly how???

It is not 100% related to skating but it did affect Tessa's performance in Valse Triste, especially at the end of it.

I think that they are like heavenly beautiful couple. I am just expressing my feeling for the perfection of a fairy tale like story. My expression is not always TOTALLY related to skating. And sometimes, I think it's difficult to separate the two.

all that

Final Flight
It is not 100% related to skating but it did affect Tessa's performance in Valse Triste, especially at the end of it.

I think that they are like heavenly beautiful couple. I am just expressing my feeling for the perfection of a fairy tale like story. My expression is not always TOTALLY related to skating. And sometimes, I think it's difficult to separate the two.

I think all this just means is that they are excellent actors. As they said, Valse Triste was supposed to show a love story, and they showed one -- and they did such a good job that they made much of the audience believe that the whole thing was real. Good for them!