American Idol Time | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol Time

M

mathman444

Re: American Idol Time

No, I can't say that I was. But my favorites from the first auditions are still to come, so I'm not giving up yet.

MM

B

Borgy727

I have to say that I am totally hooked on this show:D . I have always liked talent shows like Star Search, so I am not surprised that I have become addicted to this show. I thought the auditions were absolutely hilarious:lol: and Simon's wit is so biting and right on the money! I think it will get really interesting when Frenchie, the other zaftig girl she sang with, Hercules, and Howdy Doody come up in the next rounds. I only hope they are not all in the same eight section groups because then they can't all advance (I think it's only two per group over the next couple of weeks of competition). It should be fun to see who will be our next Americal idol!:D

S

sk8cynic

Eeeek!!!!!

My sis and I watched it last night. I have to agree that no one really grabbed my attention, but I definitely have plenty of opinions, some of them pretty catty.

Kimberly - Is she cocky and smug or what? She seems to have the idea that she can coast by on her Malibu Barbie looks, but that can't hide the fact that she's vocally as dull as dishwater. She hoped she did Melissa proud, but if I were ME, I'd take her to the back alley and bring her ego back down to earth. Does anyone here believe for a minute that she and Julia are buds now? Fox is going to deliberately try and trump up a catfight to boost ratings. Why else would they have gone on and put these two in the same group?

If the next AI was in that group, I'll donate my vocal chords to Nikki McKibbon and perm my hair like Justin's. With my luck I'm gonna wind up eating those words. I just wasn't blown away like I was when Kelly got up for the first time. I had her pegged from day one, and my best friend pegged Justin, so I don't think we're too far off base.

I'd love to see Frenchie win. She easily has the best voice of anyone they've shown on TV.

BTW, did anyone else think that Cory (one of the party boys) looked like Sideshow Bob with that hair of his?

L

Lcp88

ITA. If the next big singer is in that group, I agree with Simon's comment of "God Help American Idol"
Laura
And Hey, I got a new signature!!:D :D Hopefully it will appear...

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:georgia;font-size:medium;">Your signature is insulting and slanderous. I suggest you remove it.</span>:mad: :mad:

R

rgirl181

Re: American Idol SPOILER!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

It's Julia, Kimberly, and Charles who win the first round vote.

Which two go on to the top ten?

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

The first person who goes into the TOP TEN:
Charles Grigsby. (Twinnie, he's your "Kareoke Kid.")

The second person--it's between Kimberly and Julia--who goes into the TOP TEN--the judges all pick Kimberly--is: Julia D'Amato. (Twinnie, she's your daughter's "gross" curled lip and your doesn't sing like she knows the son of a preacher man from nuthin':p )

I say that Kimberly's b***h act with Julia hurt her with the votes. Kimberly is singing her consolation version of "Come to My Window" and is singing much, much better than she did last night. Some actual feeling. I think they should all sing when they think they've lost it all.
Rgirl

J

Joesitz

Lcp - It's never been proved that a skater was involved in a payment for a medal. In fact a skater has never even been accused. Please remove the skater's name from your signature, but by all means leave Il Duce's name there.

BTW, your comments in the text are fine.

Joesitz

B

Borgy727

I, for one, was quite pleased with the drama of Kimberly getting tossed off tonight:) . She came off so smug and over-confident that this should give her a big dose of humility|I . She was "talking" to the TV audience by yelling out "Good choice America" when the other contestants' names were being called out - that came off so phony IMO. She was so certain she was a shoo-in after the judges' comments and you could tell she was knocked for a loop. But we may not have heard the last of her yet - there's always the wildcard round and then FOX may yet get there chance to have a catfight for the final rounds;) .

R

rgirl181

ITA, Borgy. To use Rgal's daughter's word for Julia's curled lip, Kimberly was gross. Even her consolation song, which started out good, got to be a bit much with the group singing and group hug. Hey, Kim! We can see what you are! Don't even try to come off like Kelly.

But all in all, I thought this was a very weak group. I agree with Rgal that there was no real feeling from anyone, and that's what it's all about. I also think John Adams's great-great-great-etc-grandson or whatever, the Ken-doll kind of guy, will get some work out of the exposure. Can't really sing, but nice looking and a nice unobtrusive personality. I can see him as a David Hasselhoff type singer on cruise ships and doing some modeling.

Some of these people seemed quite good in the auditions, but on stage having to really perform, the weaknesses really scream out.
Rgirl
BTW, I said "Welcome back!" on the word-game thread.

G

guinevere

Re: American Idol

Hello, I just had to join the fray because American Idol is one of my guilty pleasures (I am no longer even remotely guilty about Survivor...)!

I was pretty disappointed in the singing last night. maybe because I got so used to the powerhouse performing that the top group was doing by the end of the last AI. I was really rooting for Kimberly and Julia, and Bettis just because he had the misfortune to be in the trio with 2 of the party boys in Hollywood and wanted him to shine. Although I really like both of their voices, I agree that neither Kimberly now Julia sang particularly well...and Julia's lip tics were totally distracting (and the lip gloss she wore only drew attention to it)!

The only people I thought sang *well* were Trenyce and Charles. I'm no singer, so I defer to any professionals who found fault with their technique, but I thought Trenyce was the ONLY performer of the night who had any fire in her, and Charles just had amazing control. I was happy Charles got chosen, although I fear he doesn't have a lot of dynamic range and won't last long in the top 10.

As I mentioned, I like both Julia's and Kimberly's voices and wanted them both to move ahead, but having to choose one based on the performance at hand, I would choose Julia.

There are at least 4 that I really like in next week's group! I hope they do well!

guinevere

M

mathman444

Re: American Idol

Guinevere (love that name), yeah, we've got a problem in the next group because the big guy with the smooth manner -- who might win it all if Frenchie doesn't -- AND Frenchie's sidekick, AND Howdy, are all in the same group, and only two can move on.

About Julie's sneer -- gee, it looked good on Elvis!

Mathman

D

dancervixen

I think Trenyce was great

...so surprized she wasn't picked... I miss Kelly and Tamyra.

G

guinevere

Re: American Idol etc

Hey Mathman -

Those are my 4 exactly! I will be disappointed for any of them not to go through - but Frenchie is The One who needs to get to the top 10 (I have a feeling it won't be a problem :) )

guinevere

L

Lcp88

Re: American Idol etc

My signature didn't insult a skater, just a skater's father.
But if it really makes you all that mad, I'll remove it:rolleyes:
Laura

C

CB1AB2

I was so glad when Julia won over the Blonde (can't remember her name) but she was the first to sing=no matter how good she was ==she blew it== by her attitude about what happened when she and the other girls wouldn't practice with Julia==if I were the other girls I wouldn't bother singing==
America probably won't vote for you either=there are already enough singers with attitudes problems.

cb