Nationals Hotel Problems | Golden Skate

Nationals Hotel Problems

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Hey, I noticed that all the "official" hotels for nationals this year are booked - at least for spectators. I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am a bit....I thought I had a bit more time. In years past, I've been able to purchase individual tickets and get a decent hotel and airfare in the same week if not day. Since individual tickets are not on sale yet, I’m hesitating to book a room and certainly not a flight

This year, I'm brining my mom - this should be fantastic. All those years she drove me from rink to rink and sat and watched. She did so much; this is a great way for us to share in our beloved sport. Plus, we like to look at the costumes and at times, be a bit catty (but quiet, you never know who's sitting nearby )

So, my problem is that my mom can't walk really far. Technically, she's disabled but can walk - just not far. And despite having lived in AK for over 30 years, she really prefers the warmer weather so I'm trying to minimize the cold exposure for her (aside from the rinks) We had hoped to stay in a hotel that was part of the bus route for nationals but it appears they are sold out. Any idea if they will open more rooms at official hotels? If someone cancels a room in an official hotel, how can you find out and try and book their room? Are there any plans on opening up rooms in hotels that are either for media or officials to spectators – how do we know? Are there any plans to expand the current shuttle route to other hotels and if so, which ones and how do we find out? What other hotels are nearby that are reasonably priced? I've tried to Google and search all this info and found some nearby hotels that will require cab rides and that’. My attempts at contacting the Org. Committee have been fruitless Suggestions anyone?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
hmmmmm I don't know I'm rooming with a couple of gals from GS (whom I've roomed with before) and they're kinda taking care of that... so I don't know... ???