What is the most interesting ballroom dance? | Golden Skate

What is the most interesting ballroom dance?

Which Ballroom Dance do you find Most Interesting to Watch?

• Tango

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • QuickStep

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Waltz

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Fox Trot

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Polka

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Mambo

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Rhumba

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Samba

Votes: 5 12.2%

• Total voters

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
On the ice they really aren't those dances (especially samba--I don't think that one will ever translate well.)

Can I have an "other"? Or "all of the above and then some?" You're missing Viennese Waltz (NOT the same as Waltz), Swing, Jive, Cha Cha, Bolero, and International Rhumba and American Rhumba are really separate categories (Int Rhumba is, as I put it to my pro, "like Bolero, only boring" while Am. Rhumba has been called the "Cuban Waltz" because of the box-based figures), as are American FT and Slow FT, and then Tango has American, International, and Argentine. And if Polka's on there, might as well throw in other stuff that's not really ballroom, like Salsa, the Hustle, WCS and Lindy.

All of the above!

all that

Final Flight
On the ice, I love to watch waltzes -- almost any kind, though my favorites are the Golden and Ravensburger waltzes.

On the dance floor, I think (of the the ones listed) tango is my favorite.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Tango, specifically - Argentine Tango and Milonga.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I'll find a way to vote without other...I know a ballroom pro where I could watch his samba all day long. Some people just make it look good. Like, illegal in some southern counties and the entire state of Utah good.