Olympic prices for skating events | Golden Skate

Olympic prices for skating events

The problem with going live to the Olympics for me would be only to watch the 4 diciplines in skating. In the two weeks they are separated by one week which means beaucoup d'argent for the hotel stay.

I do love to watch other Winter Oly events but not necessarily live unless it's warm out there. I can watch the Downhill Skiing while sipping a beer and eating pretzles at home.

The nightime fun is probably raunchy fun but I'm kinduvold for that now. What's that American skiier who will get tanked the night before his big event and have to face that faded hype after the results are in?

Joe

Tigger

Final Flight
I was amazed when I saw what the prices for what will be the hottest tickets for Vancouver, that Men's Gold Medal Hockey Game were. I was betting on the highest amount being in the $1000 range and was shocked they're not.

Considering these are Olympic tickets, they're really not as expensive as I thought I'd be seeing. Expensive enough of course, but not that bad Olympic ticket wise.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Argh, they're bundling Men's and Ladies. I was hoping to get tickets to Dance and Men's (and curling, which might just be possible, especially for the qualis, and speed skating.)

That's if I can get anything. I'm hoping Dance CD's at least won't be oversold immediately :)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
I probably misunderstood this.

It's better this way, since I'm sure being so close to the US, the Ladies' event will be very popular, and I may have a better chance to get a ticket to the Men's SP than the Ladies'.

Although, why did they bother to list the Ice Dance Compulsory and OD separately, and the Pairs LP and Pairs FD separately, when the prices are the same?

Last edited:

zephyrskates

On the Ice
can you just but tix? coz i've heard that they did a raffle like system in beijing and you were not able to just get tickets on demand...

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
i don't know how much they usulaly go for but it sounds like a LOT of money to me. yeah, do you get men's and ladies for one payment or are they just the same price.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Far too expensive for my pocket book! I was thinking of making the treck into Vancouver for some of the figure skating events but all I can afford is the $50.00 seats - which will be up in the rafters - I may as well stay at home in the comfort of my living room and watch it on tv. Plus who wants to get caught in a huge traffic jam or crowded sky train trip anyway?

It figures only the rich Vancouverites will be able to afford to go. The rest of us in the suburbs will be watching the Olympics on tv.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
if it weren't for the fact that my best friend and I had decided not to go a few years ago, I'd be jumping on those prices for at least a couple of events... it'd be worth it to me... :)

gsrossano

Final Flight
Are they bundling them, or are they just saying they're the same price? It's not quite clear...

They are just the same price.

Olympic event segments are one per day, one event segment per ticket. With the Exhibition you would need ten tickets, about $5000 for A tickets.

Even though there are individual ticket prices, you still have to wait for the other shoe to drop and see how they bundle them with other sports and what you have to buy with the skating to get the tickets you want. For the last few Olympics the skating tickets were bundled first, and then leftovers were sold individually at the end.

Plus, in the U.S. you have to go though the U.S. distributer, not through the Vancouver web site. Don't be surprised with bundling and middleman charges if it ends up $10-12,000 for a complete set of skating tickets.

Last edited: