Sasha Cohen Visits Children's Hospital

S

sk8ing lady2001

Re: Sasha Cohen Visits Children's Hospital

That is wonderful! Thanks. :)

L

Lucy25

Yes, that was nice, but I have never read an article by anyone (famous) telling us about their hospital visits (or charity work). I just find it a bit odd. I am not criticizing her, but I am a bit confused as to why this was posted.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:red;font-family:georgia;font-size:small;">It's posted on her own web site. Sasha knows she has a lot of fans, many of whom read her web site regularly, and perhaps she feels this might inspire others to volunteer their time in hospitals or other community service endeavors. She obviously took a lot of time to write this herself and is trying to make a positive difference in people's lives. Good for her!</span>

J

Jaana

Thanks! That was great that she also took the trouble of sharing her experience. Very nicely written!

Marjaana

N

nymkfan51

Such a wonderful article. Good for her! She really has grown into quite a lovely young lady. I'm happy she shared her experience with us. Thanks so much for posting this.

M

mathman444

Sasha writes pretty well, don't you think? Good use of colorful adjectives. I liked it. I liked her sister's poems, too.

Mathman

L

lil icesk8er915

Awww....Sasha is so kind-hearted! I bet that meant a lot to those kids!

L

LADYBUGII

Mathman

I certainly agree. Sasha's writing was very good. Maybe sometime after she is finished with skating she should look into journalism. Looks like she has a real flare.

She and her sister could almost pass for twins. Uncanny resemblance.

Ladybug

S

Show 42

Good for her.......it was a refreshing story and well written...42

S

SkateFan4Life

Pardon me, Sasha fans, but I find it pretty self-serving for Ms. Cohen to post her visit to the children's hospital. She wouldn't have made that visit unless it would do her some good. Honestly, in nearly every Sasha Cohen interview I've ever read or heard, the emphasis is on Sasha, Sasha, Sasha.
Certainly, she is a wonderful figure skater, but she is also totally, completely, 100 percent focused on herself, plain and simple. :x

What would have impressed me would be if Sasha had made that hospital visit and NOT WRITTEN ABOUT IT and not given herself a pat on the back.

The late Princess of Wales used to visit hospitals at night, often with Princes William and Harry, at which time they would spend several hours with the patients. None of these visits -- and there were PLENTY of them -- reached the media.

M

mathman444

Oh, I didn't feel that way at all, SkateFan. I thought that the focus of Sasha's report was on the children, not on herself. To me, she was just reporting on an experience that was special to her, as one might in a journal entry.

Mathman

L

Lucy25

SkatFan - That's kind of how I felt, too. I just thought that if certain other skaters had done that, they would have been ripped apart on most skating boards (I have not seen the link posted anywhere else). I am not saying your reasons are why Sasha did it, but it's the first thing that came to my mind. Glad to see this board is much more openminded.

K

Kara Bear

Sasha keeps a journal and I for one as a huge fan, am glad that she shares her stories with us.

J

Jaana

>SkateFan4Life
Honestly, in nearly every Sasha Cohen interview I've ever read or heard, the emphasis is on Sasha, Sasha, Sasha.>

Isn´t it generally so that in interviews the emphasis is on the person who is being interviewed?

And on this article written by Sasha herself the emphasis was not on Sasha, but on the visit, in my opinion.

Marjaana

S

SkateFan4Life

I still recall Sasha Cohen's remark in Salt Lake City (following the short program) that she was pleased to have finally received the marks she deserved. Ugh!

L

Lanechka

Please, guys, don't bash Sasha. I posted this because I thought it was a very sweet thing of her to do. Don't turn this into some big Sasha bashing thread.

<strong>-Lanie</strong>

E

Excidra2001

Skatefan4life,

I agree with you some-what. Maybe Sasha should've kept it to her self about visiting the children. A few other top skaters have also visited the sick children's hospital(While on COI tour Irina, Plushy went to a children's hopspital to give the kids some toys) and they never wrote about it. But if Sasha decided to write about it I guess there is really nothing wrong with it.

As for Sasha saying she got the marks she deserved in SLC, what did you expect her to say? Her SP minus the flutz was one of the best out there and when skated clean it should garner high presention(5.9) marks with no higher then a 5.8 for technical.

L

LAVENDER

I agree with Excidra. Usually stars don’t talk about it but I guess whatever floats your boat.

D

Dee4707

Lanechka, thanks so much for posting this site. I think it is an extremely nice article and lots of kudos to Sasha for visiting those very, very sick children. I know when I read these kinds of articles, it makes me respect that skater even more.

It was a wonderful article, thanks again for posting the site.

Dee