Go my tickets! | Golden Skate

Go my tickets!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I just ordered my single event nationals tickets! Yippee....this year, I'm taking my mom as a thank-you gift - especially for all those cold hours she sat in the rink when I was young.

I was able to get good seats for the Sr. Ladies Short and the Sr. OD. The Ladies LP was kinda odd...they split it into 2 groups, so I had to purchase tickets to groups 3 and 4 in a bundle with the Pairs LP. But, I was able to get the Sr. FD and Ladies LP groups 1 and 2. Th total came in at just about $300 but $100 of it was service fees ect. Pisses me off!

In past years, if the events were undersold, the attendants would allow you to move forward from your not-so-good seats to better seats. I'm hoping that is the case with the OD and Ladies SP. If not, oh well. Now, I've got to find a hotel...I'm dissapointed in how few rooms were reserved for fans...My mom has a hard time walking so the need to be on the shuttle bus line was key. Now, we'll have to take a cab either to the nearest official hotel for the bus or take a cab directly to the event.

While the Excel center says no outside food, what are the chances they will go easy on us? Also, will they allow us to bring in backpacks? I'd like to bring healthy food and a change of clothes in case my mom needs them...I'm okay with being searched but not sure if they will allow a bag. Any suggestions...

Exciting!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Arena policies

The arenas at the last few Nationals have been fairly tough. Anything that is spotted in your not too large bag or purse will be taken away (bottled water, fruit, snacks, etc.) Some people have resorted to putting a lot of items in inside pockets or at the bottom of a bag with a newspaper or something on top of the contraband. I don't think they will allow backpacks or knapsacks (a friend of mine had a hard time getting into Savvis with a small knapsack). Generally when you go into the arena they have security people who look into each bag and/or purse.

If your mother has a medical condition that requires snacks or special food and can get a note from her doctor, I think you would be able to take stuff in. You might want to talk with Customer Service at Xcel and see if you can get some type of pass so that Security doesn't give you a hard time every time you come in. (My friend with the knapsack issue did this & it worked).

Hope this helps.

Maureen

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this year they're not allowing laptops into the arena... you have to check it at guest services... Portland and STL both allowed me to bring my laptop into the arena... apparently USFSA does not like that (according to the guys I emailed lol) so now I have to get out of my comfy seat and walk over to guest services if I want to upload my pictures to my laptop.

With the fact that we don't get to go to a lot of practices I don't see myself snapping so many photos that I can't get away with just uploading at the end of the day. But who knows! LOL I was able to take my camera case, which is large, in years before but I don't plan on taking more than my purse (which is big enough to carry all of my essentials for my camera and still have room for everything else) and possibly a blanket for a friend as apparently ice rinks are cold - coulda fooled me lol

So, my fellow Alaskan, where are your seats? lol

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I don't have the print off with me now but for the FD and Ch. Ladies FS (flights 3/4) were in a corner...I want to say like C19 or C20. I couldn't get any side seats. For the Ch. Ladies SP, were in the same corner in the same section. For the Ch. Ladies FS (flights 1/2) we're in the opposit corner in the club section and for the OD, we're in the nosebleed section but I'm sure we'll be able to move forward. If not, it's okay.

My mom is going to bring her cane, which she normally doesn't walk with. I think it will help give her a feeling of safety with all those people. I think we'll bring the handicapped sticker as well - just in case. A letter regarding water and meals is a good idea - I'll have to call the center and find out how they are going to work it.

We're staying at the Best Western Bandana Square. I'll have to take some time and determine which is best money and time wise - to purchase 2 bus passes and take a cab from my hotel to the nearest hotel on the bus route, or take a cab directly to the center. Oh well.

The whole camera and laptop policy is terrible. Don't they realize its fans like you that help the sport? When I can't go to the event, I love getting info from people on the ground. Hmm..

Now, I have to work on the air-fare. I'm soooo looking forward to it. We should all get together one night - maybe Friday?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
We should all have a bday part for me on Monday lol ;) TOTALLY KIDDING! lol

seriously though a meet up would be great... and not just a quick one like in STL! considering they screwed us over with the practice pass deals we have more options open this time around as far as times! :)

as for the camera thing, it doesn't bother me as much, now that I have a zoom lens and not a telephoto (which looks so huge lol) it doesn't bug me that we can only go up to 200mm in lens size, I do just fine with that ;)

what bugs me is some give you grief for being a professional photograher... when I'm technically not as I don't make my living by it... and I never sell my USFSA event photos so they should just put on their big girl/boy panties and get over it!