Frosted Pink... | Golden Skate

Frosted Pink...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
anyone else watching this? (or did you see it earlier)

so far I've seen two skating performances (got in from church at 1 so I'll have to look back and see what other skaters I missed on my tape)

Kurt's goatee isn't as 'bad' as I thought it might be, but I'm not a fan of fuzzy faces for skaters :laugh: he, not surprisingly, had a touching performance and fluff piece.. but I'm kinda getting tired of all of these other things that they're showing lol

oh well... skatings back on tv, so I guess I can't complain too much

:rock:the season's here!

skamper23

Medalist
Tanith and Ben have a Cream of Wheat Commercial!!!!! I liked their performance too. It's always great to see Kurt, Katia, Kristy& Rosalyn! I think the show was well put together and gets the message out their about womens cancers. My Mom's a cancer survivor...her mother..my grandmother wasn't so lucky. Seems everyone knows someone touch by cancer!

astimegoesby

On the Ice
I just finished watching this, and I enjoyed it, even though some parts made me :cry: more than I expected, mainly Inoue and Baldwin's program and fluff, the end of Oksana's program (and I'm not even usually a big fan of hers), and Kurt's program and fluff. "Time In A Bottle" has always made me a bit teary-eyed for some reason every time I watch it, but combine it with that fluff, and all I have to say is :cry: .

I was disappointed Roz, Katia, and Kristi didn't skate solo numbers, but their group number was certainly exquisite.

And is it just me or was that the tiniest rink I've seen in a long time during a skating event? I was impressed any of the skaters were able to jump at all in that rink. :clap:

All and all, I thought this was a good show for a great cause, but I recommend those of you who haven't seen it yet stock up on Kleenex first...especially Kurt, Oksana and/or Inoue/Baldwin fans.

76olympics

On the Ice
I do think the program was more slanted to "pink" than "frosted" so that the informational and singing segments had equal weight with the skating ,but it was well-done and it is certainly a worthy cause.

I was "meh" about some of the singers, but the skating was enjoyable. Rena looked radiant and their unison was really good. I would vote "no" on the facial hair for Kurt too, but I liked his program. It was very moving. The ice was not a large space and I think this restricted their choreography a little bit. Oksana's persona made sense in this program, but she still makes me nervous. I think Tanith and Ben looked very good!!

All in all, it was a good show!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
that's good to know that I just missed the others....

It's time Tan and Ben let go of their latin OD :laugh:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I was really dissipointed. I missed the first 45 min and but watch the rest. All I saw skating as Okasna who did a poorly chreographer swan and Tanith and Ben who looked great. The was more singing than skating!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it wasn't just a skating show, it was a joint effort to get cancer awareness out there, especially for breast cancer, considering this is Breast Cancer Awareness month

I did not know Tanith's story, that was a very moving fluff piece for me (Also didn't know that Papa Browning was currently fighting cancer. Prayers going out for Dewey!)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Mmmmmm......I love me some Rascal Flatts. They were awesome. :)

The skating wasn't too bad overall but there definitely wasn't enough of it. I loved Kurt, I loved Tanith's dress and her and Ben skated really well, and I also loved the trio number with Kristi, Katia, and Roz. Great show for a great cause. My grandmother died from lung cancer eight years ago next month so the show touched me personally too.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
anymore I don't think there's a person out there who hasn't lost someone in their family due to cancer :no:

I missed Kristi, Katia, and Roz? Gotta check out the first half of my tape then! :laugh:

and, yes, RF were great... as usual... Skin (Sara Beth) is such a beautiful song *chokes up*

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
anymore I don't think there's a person out there who hasn't lost someone in their family due to cancer :no:

I know. It's a sad reality. My Grandpa died of lung cancer 2 years ago and I am still not over it.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
it was a joint effort to get cancer awareness out there
I thought the show did a good job of it.

I don't think there's a person out there who hasn't lost someone in their family due to cancer
That seems to be true. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 20 yrs old.

I love me some Rascal Flatts. They were awesome
I agree!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought the show was well done. Kurt, Rena, and Tanith's personal stories were particularly touching. I loved all the skating parts, especially Kristi, Roz, and Katia skating to "Bridge Over Troubled Water."

It was neat to see Tanith & Ben in a Cream of Wheat commercial! :clap:

Sadly, it seems as if everyone has a personal connection to cancer, either through family or close friends. :cry:

Julie O

Rinkside
Did anyone else think that Sasha could have tried at least one jump, even a double? I do love that program though, saw it on COI last spring. Roz looked really fabulous. She's lost at least 15-20 lbs, and her skating was right up there with Katia's and Kristi's. She must have worked on this appearance for a long time. Kurt was excellent, Oksana was more dramatic than usual, and Rena and John were very good.
The production values were well done, and I'm not even going to complain that the camera sort of got stuck staying with Tanith while losing Ben at one point :biggrin:, It's great that the season has started!

Julie

astimegoesby

On the Ice
You know, I never noticed Sasha's program didn't include any jumps until I rewatched it again this morning. Plenty of skaters can do triple jumps (although maybe not on that rink!), but Sasha's one of the very few skaters I can think of who can pull off a number without any jumps at all. That certainly bodes well for her time at SOI, IMO! :rock:

And I agree Roz looked better during the "Bridge Over Troubled Water" number than she has in years. It looks like semi-retirement's been good to her. :)

sillylionlove

Medalist
Yes I know that Sasha didn't perform any jumps either. It was nice to see Roz and Kristi on the ice. But overall this was not really a skating show and I found it to be disappointing.

waxel

Final Flight
Worthwhile event for a good cause. But little more than fluff as a skating show--- all very stroke around the ice and wave your arms in pretty motions. I skimmed through it pretty hurriedly. Standouts from what I did see were Kurt (in a good way) and Oksana (not in a good way--- waaay over the top emotionally as usual).

But yes, I guess it was nice to finally see skating back on tv ... even this.

Almost time for SA!

rain

Record Breaker
Worthwhile event for a good cause. But little more than fluff as a skating show--- all very stroke around the ice and wave your arms in pretty motions. I skimmed through it pretty hurriedly. Standouts from what I did see were Kurt (in a good way) and Oksana (not in a good way--- waaay over the top emotionally as usual).

But yes, I guess it was nice to finally see skating back on tv ... even this.

Almost time for SA!

I have to agree. As a cancer awareness program it was acceptable. As a skating show it was lacklustre. I was particularly underwhelmed by the Kristi, Katia and Roz number. All I could think all the way through was that you've got these three women to work with and Bridge over Troubled Water to skate to and that's what you do with it??? It was just so tepid.

cocovica

On the Ice
Thanks to all for your comments.. Am not from USA, so I couldn't see this show. I know there are some videos on fsvids, but is there any possibility to watch the whole show?