Russian pair team ready for breakthrough | Golden Skate

Russian pair team ready for breakthrough

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yuko Kawaguchi's biography would actually be enough for three skaters. She first competed as a single skater for Japan at the international junior level before teaming up with Russian skater Alexander Markuntsov. [More]

Big Deal

Final Flight
It seems like someone thinks it is time to start with the hype to catch another OGM in pair skating by a "Russian" pair.
Let's do it, but PLEEEEAAASE, wait until we can see something really nice by them....

netnuts

Match Penalty
Thanks for the article. This is funny...

Moskvina and her skaters have put together a new free program to music from the Love Story soundtrack. Moskvina expects the Canadian press to 'jump' at them as the music was made famous by Canadian sweethearts Jamie Sale and David Pelletier - rivals of her students Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikhuralidze

After watching them and Mukhortova/Trankov's latest performances on youtube, I'm more impressed with M&T. That pair has a 'new' look with two sets of difficult sbs jumps. They are also much more polished at least that's the impression I got from 'Finland Trophy'.

I think Moskvina is making the wrong prescription for Kawaguchi and Smirnov. They do not need throw 4S, they need to focus on improving the quality of each element.

oxade21

Match Penalty
Thanks for the article. This is funny...

Moskvina and her skaters have put together a new free program to music from the Love Story soundtrack. Moskvina expects the Canadian press to 'jump' at them as the music was made famous by Canadian sweethearts Jamie Sale and David Pelletier - rivals of her students Elena Berezhnaya and Anton Sikhuralidze

After watching them and Mukhortova/Trankov's latest performances on youtube, I'm more impressed with M&T. That pair has a 'new' look with two sets of difficult sbs jumps. They are also much more polished at least that's the impression I got from 'Finland Trophy'.

I think Moskvina is making the wrong prescription for Kawaguchi and Smirnov. They do not need throw 4S, they need to focus on improving the quality of each element.

Well, K/S is relatively new pair compared to M/T. Besides, Mukhortova has that Russian classic basics that Yuka will never be able to have at this point of her career. I guess Moskvina is trying to compete against current Chinese acrobatic teams and her strategy my pay off. Savchenkos are not very consistent pair and can be beatable if they make any mistake.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Interestingly, I think SHE was wearing more than HE was. But, hey, if you've got a bod like Smirnov's, you can certainly carry it off...:agree:

As to their actual SKATING -- I think this pair has a LOT of potential and could be the Next Big Thing. Bear in mind that Bereznaja & Sikharulidze started off pretty rocky, too.....