Please Keep Us In Your Thoughts | Golden Skate

Please Keep Us In Your Thoughts

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
It feels like 2003 all over again--several brush fires are raging around San Diego county, and the neighbourhood bordering mine to the east has just been evacuated. I know for a fact that Realtorgal lives in that neighbourhood, so she has perhaps been evacuated. If you are in the San Diego area, please be prepared to evacuate, and be out of harm's way. Your homes and stuff are replaceable--you are not.

If you aren't in the San Diego area, please keep us in your thoughts...I know there are quite a few GS posters from this area.

Tigger

Final Flight
I have several online friends from the various MB's and lists I belong to who live in the affected area. So, my thoughts and prayers have been focused in that direction since Friday. Please stay safe and check in when you can!!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I live in San Diego County, but am lucky (so far) not to have to evacuate.

Blue dog-hope you are all right.

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
thank you all for your kind thoughts. like dl, my family and i haven't been asked to leave yet, but we're just waiting. the winds shifted, so that instead of heading south (towards my home) the wind shifted west. many of my friends call me lucky, but while i am counting my blessings, i feel horrible doing so when other people are having to lose their homes. so far, only one person has perished in this fire. i was hoping for a count of 0 lives lost, but 1 is better than two or more...

thank you all from the bottom of my heart =)

dl-which neighbourhood are you from?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
California Wildfires

Has anyone heard from Realtor Gal or Dlk concerning these fires? I've got friends and family members in San Diego and the L.A. areas and I'm concerned.........42

sillylionlove

Medalist
I have three people, my husband's best friend, thier parents and an old family friend that are right in the line of fire. We have been trying to get in touch with them to find out if they are ok but all we keep getting is all circuits are busy. They all live in San Diego and we just saw all of them in May!! Apparently, they police are asking people to stay off their cell phones becuase the system is overloaded.

sillylionlove

Medalist
Same here. We are trying to get in touch with three important people. Two live in San Diego and one lives in Poway!! We can't get through. They keep saying all circuits are busy. But be keep trying. We are not sure if they have been evacuated yet or not!

I read Arrowhead was hit hard with a pair of fire blazes which consumed 128 homes in the resort area.

I believe Rafael is teaching there and who else? Also any news of the rink and of the skaters?

Joe

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
merged two threads together, sorry if some posts seem a bit confusing!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Has anyone heard from Realtor Gal or Dlk concerning these fires?
Show- I'm here. I'm lucky to be in an area that the fire hasn't come to. It's just a lot of smoke and ash which makes it hard to breath. It's best to stay inside our house with our windows closed which makes our house really hot and stuffy.

Realtor Gal hope you are ok.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I just emailed a customer of mine in San Diego and he said they were kind of between two of them and were ok. I get the idea their factory is in their house, not sure. Anyway, they said it was quite smoky out so are staying inside with the place closed up. Sure glad to hear they're ok and hope it doesn't get any worse for them. Sure would like to hear from the others. Has anyone tried to email them?

Those fires are so scary and just plain awful. How I wish it would rain in all the places that need it, including the fire areas in CA and the drought stricken areas in the South Eastern USA.
Prayers to all affected!

gsrossano

Final Flight
I read Arrowhead was hit hard with a pair of fire blazes which consumed 128 homes in the resort area.

I believe Rafael is teaching there and who else? Also any news of the rink and of the skaters?

Joe

One fire is on the west side of the lake moving more or less west through homes on that side of the lake. Another is about 5 miles south east of the lake moving south west. Both are basically out of control. Too windy to fight safely.

Most every one is evacuated. The rink is on the south side of the lake. That neighborhood is about 1 mile from the first fire I mentioned. It looks ok for now -- say the next 12-24 hours. Can't predict much beyond that. If the winds change anything could happen.

I spoke to Rafael on Sunday, but that was before these fires broke out. He was planning to go to Skate Canada in about a week. I would hope he is off the mountain by now. Saw Mao in the village on Sunday, she must be gone too. Village has been deserted since Monday.

Last edited: